Show Your LACS Collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
Do you have more information on this? Where can these guitars be seen/bought?
I’ve only seen the webpage: Ibanez Japanese Custom Shop.

It looks like they are high end models, but not open to custom orders. Here is a page showing the available models: Ibanez Japan Custom Shop Models. This page includes some LACS models, too, so maybe they’ll be available on a limited basis as part of the 50th anniversary.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve only seen the webpage: Ibanez Japanese Custom Shop.

It looks like they are high end models, but not open to custom orders. Here is a page showing the available models: Ibanez Japan Custom Shop Models. This page includes some LACS models, too, so maybe they’ll be available on a limited basis as part of the 50th anniversary.

They're all special one-offs, and have long since sold.

As part of the Hoshino anniversary they let each custom shop employee from both LACS and IJCS design and build a few special instruments of their own and then assigned them via lottery to dealers internationally, where they were quickly bought up by collectors.

mattier303

Reaction score
B3B044CC-EC7E-45FE-9534-0214BD895919.jpeg

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
That's a crazy looking one. How does it sound?

Be careful with the string pull not to pull the top too much or the guitar will likely belly up and become unplayable.
Too bassy for my taste but I have much trouble finding decent strings in Poland to fit this monster. And it's pain in the ass to tune it as you imagine.

Reaction score
Too bassy for my taste but I have much trouble finding decent strings in Poland to fit this monster. And it's pain in the ass to tune it as you imagine.
I have a 7 string acoustic from Ibanez, an AJ307CE NT. I had to have it serviced and have a "The Bridge Doctor" installed in order to control the belly she was growing at the bridge. I kind of like the sound of mine... Maybe try to use different strings? The coursed ones should be a bit more complicated.
I Bought my latest set of strings at a local shop, choose the .010 D'Addario's set and ordered a single for the 7th string. Maybe do as so. Local shops can access these packs and single strings, so maybe go this way, including the course ones...?

')