Siggery guitars

Thrashman

Got Groove?
Reaction score
If I were you, I'd ask for a refund and take my business elsewhere, because this doesn't seem to get any better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
If I were you, I'd ask for a refund and take my business elsewhere, because this doesn't seem to get any better.
Yep, I'm going to send him an "ultimatum". If I don't see any pics or whatever, I'm going to ask for a refund. I'm tired and I want my guitar.

chinzilla1984

Reaction score
i cant understand whats gone wrong, from day one he always replied to me answered my calls and texts...... i think he genuinely has too much work on,,, i did struggle to get pictures if im honest... i must admit if i had had some of the issues you guys have had i would of jumped ship, if i wanted to wait 2 years id have saved up and got a daemoness.

Maniacal

Reaction score
I recently sold my Siggery and today I put down my deposit for a Waghorn. Incredible looking guitars and so far the support has been extremely honest and professional. How it should be.

Marty Siggery

siggeryguitars
Reaction score
Hey everyone

First off I don't have a contract stating that you can't use pics on here, it's just something I don't like as I only like to release completed images.
Second, I am truly sorry for the delays that you are all having. I am working like crazy to get guitars done. I have had some personal issues that I have been asked by my family not to go into, so therefore I do not mention this in emails. Please bare with me and let me just get these guitars done for you all. I am working alone, working silly hours and find it hard to deal with all the emails too. I don't ignore anyone and try to keep everyone happy but seem to keep nobody happy. This is all my fault and I am aware of this. All I can do is say sorry and try to deliver the best guitars possible for you. Please forgive me.

straymond

Reaction score
Great to hear from you, marty, and I mean that.
I think that's a comfort to more people than just me.
A life-sign goes a long way :)

Marty Siggery

siggeryguitars
Reaction score
I admit that I am struggling. I am trying so hard to get it all done and take care of problems along the way. I wish I could get help but can't from anywhere. Sorry

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
Seriously? There's no one to help you at your shop, even to help take pics, answer emails and basic luthier work? Not even family?

Because if things are as you say, you're gonna burn out Marty, nobody wants that, it's cool that you're a one man shop and each instrument is strictly under your eye. But a human is a human and we can only take so much man.

Shit, if I lived anywhere near you, I'd tie you up and force you to let me help....

Also...can you elaborate on this non crowned, flat fret issue people are clamoring about?

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Shit, if I lived anywhere near you, I'd tie you up and force you to let me help....

So you would have to do everything all by yourself? :lol:

But seriously - yeah, if you're drowning in work you should just slow down for a while until you're on top. If life gets in the way that's entirely understandable, but I do hope you've limited the emount of new customers you take on while all this is going on, whatever it is. We don't want you turning into another BRJ.

Homer3005

Reaction score
Yeah, Pikka Bird is alright.

Even if i'm currently waiting 18 months i really trust him and it's soo good to hear something from you marty!
Please be careful with your health, it was just the "sign of life" that we needed from you, i really don't want to raise the strain so everything is okay.
If there's a great instrument at the end everything is fine and the waiting time is acceptable if we all think about what we get for the very little amount of money for a complete custom guitar.
And even if it's a thread where everyone can post and say what's up and what their experiences weere, i completely hate it when people who made not so good experiences think they should post it once per week.
It's okay to say it once or twice, but it's really unfair towards people who haven't received their instrument and are waiting for it if there's someone who destroys all their imaginations about it and get things into a mess.

Just my personal thoughts :fawk:

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
Rock on. I'm not too hopeful, but there's still a glimmer of something if we start seeing some pics. Hell...if he's sick and cant work on the instruments, he can recoup and take some pics. XD XD

Now about those flat frets.....:(

dwizted

7 Stringslinger
Reaction score
Marty is an amazing guy and Luthier. I really love my 6 string he built. Really is one of the best I have had. If you look over his work it is amazing and if there is little flaws it is becouse it is hand made and no CNC. I do really wish he could find some quality help to get him moving along, but am also glad he doesnt cut corners and trys to deliver the best product possibile. Even the steps he takes in wiring up the guitars is meticoulous just an all around solid build.

simeonharris

Reaction score
i think marty could take on an apprentice. if he can't, then there must be someone who lives nearby who could pop in once a week, take some photos, take some notes on how the builds are progressing and then update a private facebook group. everybody who has made an order would receive an invite to the group. simples.

Danny Husk

Reaction score
i think marty could take on an apprentice. if he can't, then there must be someone who lives nearby who could pop in once a week, take some photos, take some notes on how the builds are progressing and then update a private facebook group. everybody who has made an order would receive an invite to the group. simples.

:agreed: ^ This needs a ton of likes.

MA77

Biggest Newb Ever
Reaction score

Sounds like a great idea!

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Taking on an apprentice would mean several things that probably won't work in your favour:
- increase costs on products, and it seems he may already be well and truly under quoting himself on prices, particularly when looking at the costs of exotic woods.
- more of his time to have to train the apprentice, which is exhausting and impacts on build times because you have to be so vigilant and it takes a long time before they can be doing higher end tasks in the build process.
- finding someone who wants to work as an apprentice with probably less that part-time or full-time hours is going to be tricky, and who knows what hours Marty works. Could be all evening stuff.

Not trying to make matters worse for you all, just remember that it's not an insta-fix with an apprentice and there aren't always people who want to volunteer their time to take photos, communicate with customers, and organise builds.

Danny Husk

Reaction score

Taking on an apprentice would mean several things that probably won't work in your favour:
- increase costs on products, and it seems he may already be well and truly under quoting himself on prices, particularly when looking at the costs of exotic woods.
- more of his time to have to train the apprentice, which is exhausting and impacts on build times because you have to be so vigilant and it takes a long time before they can be doing higher end tasks in the build process.
- finding someone who wants to work as an apprentice with probably less that part-time or full-time hours is going to be tricky, and who knows what hours Marty works. Could be all evening stuff.

Not trying to make matters worse for you all, just remember that it's not an insta-fix with an apprentice and there aren't always people who want to volunteer their time to take photos, communicate with customers, and organise builds.

It seems as though people here are favoring the latter e.g. more of an intern to just take pics make notes and handle email, not a lutherie apprentice.

Latest posts

')