Siggery guitars

MA77

Biggest Newb Ever
Reaction score
Think I'm gonna ask for my money back actually....>_>

Don't do it just yet. Apparently my guitar should be here within the week. If I don't get it soon then maybe you should go through with the refund. I wish us both luck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
It seems as though people here are favoring the latter e.g. more of an intern to just take pics make notes and handle email, not a lutherie apprentice.

That's fine, but I'll be honest, one of the biggest reasons I do what I do with the builder in my banner is because I have a full-time job already that pays well enough to afford me such liberties. Marty would also have to be open to such things because it takes a certain degree of humility and confidence in your work to have someone in your workplace observing you and documenting what you do.

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
Don't do it just yet. Apparently my guitar should be here within the week. If I don't get it soon then maybe you should go through with the refund. I wish us both luck.

Don't hold your breath, but I really hope you get your guitar and that it's exactly what you wanted, and in the timeframe he specified. Good luck to you too.

Danny Husk

Reaction score

When did you place your order?

MA77

Biggest Newb Ever
Reaction score
Don't hold your breath, but I really hope you get your guitar and that it's exactly what you wanted, and in the timeframe he specified. Good luck to you too.

My guitar arrived today, and its awesome! I'll try to get pics up later, with specs and maybe even a little sound clip.

Danny Husk

Reaction score
My guitar arrived today, and its awesome! I'll try to get pics up later, with specs and maybe even a little sound clip.

Glad to hear. :hbang: There's some folks on here that would be over the moon with a 16 month turnaround.

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
Maybe we should update the list (last seen on page 74 of this thread).
Would be nice to see who has received their builds and how long they waited etc.

MA77 -> Glad you got yours man, really, it just bums me out that I placed my order almost a full year before you and still have nothing. Still very interested to see some pics and hear your thoughts on the final product.

JazSeven

Reaction score
Quick update:
I sent Marty an email essentially letting him know that I was fed up of him lying to me about when my builds would be finished (as he's been telling me "the end of the month" every time I've emailed him since february) and that I wanted photographic proof he had started them or I was going to request a full refund as it is money I could be spending elsewhere and I didn't fancy waiting 3 years like some people.

His reply:
"Sorry for not getting the receipts of to you sooner, it's been a little manic over here. I am out of my workshop taking some time off. I will get you photos as soon as I am back. Your deposit is tied up with all the materials involved in these two builds. I am sorry for the delays. I am behind and doing everything possible to keep up and catch up.
The body for the 7 string is done and the neck is started. The bass is also started and glued up, plus parts have been bought for the bass. "

Now, I'm still not entirely convinced he's started but it certainly seems that if he hasn't then intends to while he's 'out of the workshop' so he has something to show me when he 'returns'...

I'm going to give him a fortnight and then email him again requesting those pics again as I know he'll 'forget, as he's so manic', if there's still nothing to show me then... we'll see.

I'd be interested to hear other peoples thoughts on this though, I really wanna believe Marty is a good guy, but something just feels off to me =/

straymond

Reaction score
at least you got a reply.
I've sent 4 or 5 mails, politely asking for an update.

Andrenighthound

Reaction score
I gave up on emailing him for updates. When I get it I'll get it. I'm sure he's making guitars being that people are still getting theirs so I'm just going to sit and wait. He said it would be worth the wait so..

the_heretic_divine

The Fruit Bat
Reaction score
Guys,it's been established that he's taking a break. Why still bother him for updates? Not gonna happen. If you aren't at least a year in,well....you know. I don't have to say it.

Danny Husk

Reaction score
No worries, many builds are very close to completion, like an asymptote is very close to approaching a line.

MrTeatime

Reaction score
How is it okay for somebody that has your money to just "take a break" instead of delivering promised goods?

Behind everything there's a human being with a life. Human beings need to have a break from time to time.

Andless

Reaction score
I only have experience sample of one, but it seems so far that people do get guitars, even though somewhat later than expected.

')