Siggery guitars

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

max3000

Reaction score
Honestly I can wait a year and maybe even more, but if they're mediocre then I don't see the point.

@Vicious7

almost 3 years?? that's insane...

simeonharris

Reaction score
yeah, three years is just crazy. there's no way marty could justify a build time that long

Andrenighthound

Reaction score
If mine ain't ready by this March 2015 it will make it 3 years since I place my bloody order!

bombonx101

Reaction score
I don't think a luthier can build more than 10 guitars per year unless he has a full production line...and it is his full time job.If he do something else for living and building guitars for extra profit ,than couple of weeks for one piece is a lurk for customers.He collect 20-30 orders ,take some deposits (nice chunk of cash)...and fail to for fill his promises because it's mission impossible.

MrTeatime

Reaction score
I don't think a luthier can build more than 10 guitars per year unless he has a full production line...and it is his full time job.If he do something else for living and building guitars for extra profit ,than couple of weeks for one piece is a lurk for customers.He collect 20-30 orders ,take some deposits (nice chunk of cash)...and fail to for fill his promises because it's mission impossible.

Except if he half builds guitars : no finish (that is a long process), no bevel, no belly bevel etc
As Marty seems to mainly build BM inspired guitars, it shouldn't take him much time to build those :D

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Marty needs to come back here and give an update…. I feel for the guys that are still waiting!! Placed my deposit March 2012, sold my spot then AdrianXI sold the spot again. I believe there's only been a top photo that has been posted so far for the new owner of the spot. Anyone considering getting in queue for a Siggery just keep saving….

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
Marty needs to come back here and give an update…. I feel for the guys that are still waiting!! Placed my deposit March 2012, sold my spot then AdrianXI sold the spot again. I believe there's only been a top photo that has been posted so far for the new owner of the spot. Anyone considering getting in queue for a Siggery just keep saving….

Here's hoping for March 2015 Delivery!
Thanks for posting the original build spot date, I didn't know which month it was originally placed.

I still have the top photo somewhere on my personal comp (at work atm).
I sometimes wonder if that even WAS the body...routed for slanted passives but specs call for lace bars :scratch:

It would be nice of Marty to provide some Thread updates but I don't think that will help the situation or push us closer to completion. He posted a few pages back and everyone was pleased to hear from him.
That quickly reverted back to multiple posts of displeasure and leading us right back to everyone feeling lost in the dark :lol:

Posting actual work-in-progress pics would be nice. It would gives us a better idea of current progress and let everyone know that work is being done and product is being shipped out.

It sucks seeing other simplistic (in relation to my orders) builds being ordered and completed and posted. I know making a bm clone is easier/quicker when you have all the templates and/or cnc ready, but it still shouldn't take this long for a multiscale 8 string with ss frets.

For everyone with a 2+ year wait already behind them: Are your specs outside of Marty's standard offerings?

OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
I really hate to say this because I really like Marty and I honestly believe he's doing everything he can but I think we've all seen these signs before :/

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
Now more than ever I'm so happy to have my guitar at home and all this tension has ended. Can be very very frustrating even when you see the quotes he is giving, I feel very sorry for you guys:(:(:(:(

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I really hate to say this because I really like Marty and I honestly believe he's doing everything he can but I think we've all seen these signs before :/

In some cases, pages/months/years ago.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
As another guy that actually received his guitar, pointing at max3000 and anyone else reading this and considering to order a Siggery:

He's swamped, and more orders do no one any better if he doesn't change something drastically. As for the inconsistensies about parts delayed and overall completion times, that's something he has to come clean about.

If you're not in a rush, his prices are hard to beat for the amount of customisation he offers.

Now to the million dollar question to whether the quality is worth it, I'll have to mention my own case.

I received my guitar 16-17 months after ordering. I didn't do any NGD, as I am honestly bored to do so. I'll give you the fast version here:

The guitar looks beautiful, plays well (I went for a 3" fan though which turned out to be a mistake ergonomically speaking, might be the only reason I may part with it in the distant future), and sounds reasonably good.

Cosmetically speaking, there's one ding on the guitar body, but it doesn't bother me that much, although it's a bummer because it's a beautiful finish. One screw on the electronics backplate cannot be removed by a hand screwdriver for some reason, so right now I can't access the electronics even if I wanted to.

Also, the colour (i hope it's just the colour at least) of the single-saddle bridge gives in really easily. The screw that holds the saddle in place should be tighted as much as needed to touch the saddle and not more. In my case, the effective intonation recessed "canal" of each saddle looks distorted in places where I changed the intonation. Last but not least, the screws that set up the action also dug into the bridge plate, even in strings that didn't need intonation adjustment, therefore the intonation screw remained at the tension Marty set it up.

Finally, the crown of the frets is flat. Some people say that it causes buzzes and general intonation problems. I haven't experienced the latter, and as for the first I can't say for sure since it depends on the setup and I never had a guitar with stellar fretwork to compare.

If it was an expensive custom (read: more than 2-2.5k dollars), you bet your ass I'd be pissed for each and every one of the aforementioned mishaps.

The final verdict IMHO is that it was worth it. The price and the specs I got were worth the wait and some of the flaws. While some flaws cannot be justified in cases mention in the thread, you can't really expect to get a 3000 dollar custom guitar for half the price and the (well, relative) consistency of a production model, no matter if it takes 2 years to complete, as from a point onwards, the numbers just don't add up, financially speaking.

Should you order right now? Well, if you're not in a rush, the price is hard to beat. Be prepared that you may get some flaws, but generally speaking not deal-breaking ones. If you're anal, stay away.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
You'd have to be crazy to even consider placing an order with this guy after reading this thread :scratch:

max3000

Reaction score
You'd have to be crazy to even consider placing an order with this guy after reading this thread :scratch:

Yeah, I pretty much figured that out after doing some reading.

I think I'll stick with my ESP Horizon NTII.

Andrenighthound

Reaction score
God if Carvin would only do a longer scale with a fanned fret my problems would be solved.

')