Siggery guitars

-Dave

Reaction score
Sorry for waiting so long to post here.

Earlier this year I got fed up with it and canceled my order. It had reached over a year since my order was placed and deposit paid.
I got screwed around so much with all the promises in emails, deadlines and delays after deadlines and delays. After a while he stopped responding to me by email entirely and if I wanted to get through I had to phone. Soon after that I found my calls were being hung up on (as in, not ringing long enough to be going to voicemail automatically) and the only way I could get through to him was by turning off caller ID and trying repeatedly.

I strongly believe that even a whole year down the line, he hadn't even ordered parts, let alone begun work on my guitar, despite lying to me about progress and even claiming it was FINISHED at one point, just waiting to be set up and shipped out. (Two weeks after this when I asked for another update, he claimed the neck had warped and he had to make another one, which would take another two weeks.)

I believe this because:
-When I called to cancel, he was totally fine returning my deposit. Didn't even put up a fight. This leads me to assume that he hadn't even purchased materials or hardware.

-I sent him a small charm to inlay into the back of the headstock. He had asked me if it was okay to file the edges and the back a little bit, to make it a more perfect circle and slightly thinner so it'd fit better, and I told him that was fine.
When I got it back, it was still the rough-ish shape I had sent it in, and there were debossed markings on the back which would have been flattened if it was filed. There was also no residue of any kind of adhesive or anything.
-- This tells me that it had never been anywhere near to a neck, even though we had supposedly been through two necks "ready to ship" at this point, and when returning my deposit he said he couldn't send the charm out for another week because he'd have to remove it from the neck.

---

I'm not even mad about the wait or anything like that. I just got so sick and tired of the constant stream of bullsh** from this guy. Everything he said was lies on top of more lies.

So I bought a Mayones and upgraded Eleven Rack to Axe-FX instead.

10801910_865437206809357_5070375465733223533_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
The excuse of "it's almost ready to ship but I found a fatal flaw (warped neck, whatever) so I have to rebuild" is right out of the BRJ play book for buying time.

Of course, the buyer doesn't want a defective guitar so what can we do other than accept the alleged rebuild and wait.

JoSeven

Reaction score
I won't go into the details, but my experience was very similar to Dave's. After about 80 emails between me and Marty I asked for my deposit back. This thread was about 20 pages since I last red it and even then there were talks of delays in delivering and responses, and that the guitars wreaked of cigarettes. Now I know I made the right decision, hope you people get your guitar or your money. Preferably money.

simeonharris

Reaction score
i'm currently at 28 months since i made the order and i have given marty most of the cost of the build. i sent him an email a couple of days ago asking for photographic evidence of what he's completed so far. it should be a great deal, because he told me that he'd purchased the sustainiac pickup i wanted, tested it and had to send it back to get another as the first one didn't work. this implies that the guitar should be almost complete, because to test it, he would have had to install it into a guitar with strings on it (at least). i told marty that if i didn't see some photos by the end of january, i would be starting a claim in the small claims court to get my deposit back. i feel kinda bad about going down this route, but my patience is wearing very thin and he has a lot of my money. we entered into a contract he hasn't fulfilled as far as i'm concerned. if i get any news, i'll let you guys know.

Ranx

Reaction score
Guys , my appointment with my lawyer is coming soon :) I won t let my money disappear like that. Some of us would never ever receive our guitar. Things are on the way in my case...

Ranx

Reaction score
For those who wants their money back PM me. Their is an option according to the lawyer. As Marty is following this thread instead of working on our builds, we better talk in private.

Danny Husk

Reaction score
Guys , my appointment with my lawyer is coming soon :) I won t let my money disappear like that. Some of us would never ever receive our guitar. Things are on the way in my case...

I understand your frustration. Hopefully this won't affect any builds that may be getting finished (if there are any...)

OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
Not sure this is going to end well...
It seems like a choice between half getting money back and the other half not receiving a guitar or vice versa.
Fingers crossed though, i really do hope everything works out for everybody and despite the general animosity I include Marty in that statement. I know it's frustrating but I really believe Marty means well and is just bogged down with orders.
Good luck guys

Zado

Reaction score
This thread and all the horrible experiences described in other ones really persuaded me always purchasing production guitars.

Or going with uber famous luthiers,like Suhr,Anderson and brands of that kind,that have more to lose than gain if cheating on you.

Or going with small luthiers,living close enought my house that I can easily go and phisically kick their sorry arse if things went wrong.

Ranx

Reaction score
I totally understand the situation and feel sorry for everyone here or people in the same situation as me. But, someone NEED TO REACT to stop all this frustration about that guy. Thi s is the craziest situation i ve been put into in my entire life. And I can t stlll believe it. We are talking about a 1500 - 2000 euros guitars and not build over 4000 euros and even for that price, the waiting list is not that long. This is RIDICULOUS !!!!!! I hope you guys will understand my situation. I ve been working hard to save my money to purchase my instrument and after 20 months ( quoted 4-6 months ) nothing around. Enough is enough.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Those complaints about Siggery have been going on for years now. I guess he still gets new customers with his aggressive priicing, but you can't get cheap and fast. We'd know otherwise.

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
That depends on your definition of what "going on for years" is. I researched him pretty heavily and before I plopped down my deposit, I had a feeling things would be ok.

Clearly I was wrong. :lol:

')