Siggery guitars

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
All I can say is, every minute you wait to act, the less of chance you have, pick up your phones, call banks, credit card, local authorizes, everything and anything you can do, do it. Dont wait for someone else and try and tag along. Take initiative now

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Renkenstein

Reaction score
Learn from BRJ and take action! I hope you all can reclaim what is yours. It's a shame when builders go down this way.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Christ I was really really really rooting for you guys that this wouldn't end up being another BRJ. FVCK.

GET YOUR MONEY BACK NOW. DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO SSO AGAIN

squalaxe

Reaction score
Hi there,
I received this morning what should be his last message :(

Dear Customer

It is with deep regret that due to increasing ill health that has become increasingly worse since 2014 and non payment from various customers for goods built, the company has been running at a loss with no funds available to continue, I have no options but to close the Siggery Guitars company down. I have tried everything possible to resolve this situation over this last month but to no avail. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Siggery Guitars are no longer trading.

Regards

Marty Siggery

DerBomber

Reaction score
Is there anyone on SSO who has experience of a situation like this? any ideas on how to take action would be much appreciated.

I have disputed the transaction on PayPal, don't know if that will help though...I made the deposit in January 2013.

straymond

Reaction score
I'm contacting Paypal and a lawyer as soon as I've driven my son to kindergarden.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
"I am sorry for any inconvenience caused."

Doesn't get much weaker than that.

foreright

Reaction score
Given he's in the UK - this may help:

Citizens Advice - Find out if a trader has stopped trading

and

Citizens Advice - Problems with a trader who

Pertinent bits are to do with what the status of his company is: Is he a sole trader or is it a limited company? Also, has he (or does he intend to...) gone personally bankrupt? That will limit options also - no point suing someone who has no money ;)

You may be able to recover some / all the money via your credit card (if you used it...). I fear Paypal will be as much us as a chocolate fireguard if you paid a while ago however.

Good luck!

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
My situation: I paid in full in 2012, but I actually bought the spot off of someone else, so I don't have any direct payments to Marty that I could try have reversed :(

Hopeless?

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
My situation: I paid in full in 2012, but I actually bought the spot off of someone else, so I don't have any direct payments to Marty that I could try have reversed :(

Hopeless?

Try asking the original spot owner if he can provide you with proof(s) of his depositing the whole sum. Maybe, combining those with your proof of buying the spot from him might get you somewhere, as long as the original owner is willing to help you out and verify the whole thing.

opeth_

Reaction score
I paid my deposit in January 2012, 3 years ago!, since then, Marty has been constantly deceiving me into thinking that my guitar was going built. According to his words, he started mine in January / February 2012 and was gonna be finished by the end of March 2012!.

We all have the proof that he has been lying us so he can´t say " non payment from various customers for goods built" and it´s quite clear that he´s been using our money, whoever knows for what but not for building our guitars. How can he say that when there´re absolutely no luthiers who start building a guitar unless they have the money of the deposit?, furthermore, that´s the money they use to buy the goods. But when you start getting lots of deposits, as he did, because of your false and impossible quoting times, along with your constant lies you get to a point where everybody knows you and there´s no way back.

He has acted this way because there are some people asking for their money back, like me, and we´re determined to go to the courts as we are sick and tired of his lies.

If he thinks that he will keep my money after 3 years of lies this way, he´s wrong, at least, not that easy. In my case, I´ll see what I can legally do, I won´t relinquish to my money. I need a lot of effort to earn the money I gave him because of his lies.

MrTeatime

Reaction score
And the whole "customer who didn't pay for built goods"...
So... If you have built a guitar and the customer doesn't want to pay for the remaining balance, what do you do? Throw it away?

straymond

Reaction score
Paypal couldn't do squat for me.
I've contacted my bank, e-mailed a lawyer and will contact visa directly after work.
I actually feel bad after trying to be positive on martys behalf all this time.
Sorry about that :(

simeonharris

Reaction score
remember that if you intend to take legal action, it's important to demonstrate that you have attempted to resolve the situation first. so make contact. speak to him. see if there's a way you could maybe take the partial build and have another luthier finish it off.

call him - 07866755227

and write to him -

7 Swaylands Avenue
Crowborough
East Sussex
TN6 3AL

opeth_

Reaction score
remember that if you intend to take legal action, it's important to demonstrate that you have attempted to resolve the situation first. so make contact. speak to him. see if there's a way you could maybe take the partial build and have another luthier finish it off.

call him - 07866755227

and write to him -

7 Swaylands Avenue
Crowborough
East Sussex
TN6 3AL

Thank you mate, I did it, by email of course as he doesn´t pick the phone.

simeonharris

Reaction score
i haven't tried calling him yet. i sent him an email and a facebook message. i'll also post him a letter today as well. nearly two and a half years and 900 quid. to say i'm disappointed would be an understatement....

Latest posts

')