Siggery guitars

Doctor Lacteo

Reaction score
Hi¡¡¡

I´m other guy cheated by Siggery.

In november 2014. He was all good words and promises, he answered quickly all my questions and doubts.

I paid him by Pay Pal, i received a mail with my order and......he disappeared.

Like Marty had a good name, a career, i was not nervous until I read this post yesterday.

It is incredible and i do not know who to trust.

Yesterday, i spoke with Pay Pal and clean their hands because they have spent more than 45 days.

Shit.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
Why is Jaden Rose Guitars on the facebook group advertising "special offers"? :scratch:

The last thing I want to see on this facebook group is someone trying to sell more guitars when the point of the group is to recoup losses.

Halikus

Reaction score
Theres a disturbing ammount of Siggery guitars appearing on ebay this week all from Martys hometown Crowborough and marked as manufacturer refurbished...

Halikus

Reaction score
I only saw one... Do you have link to others please?

Sadly I dont, there has been an ash bodied herecy 7 which took a week or so to sell along with an arachnid 8 which was gone very quickly. all were £1000 buy it now.

Homer3005

Reaction score
So, on this link you can see the completed listings ..and all from the same guy.
Link won't work..however i made a picture
I hope that the Ebony one wasn't the guitar which was built for me :(
-0eyk7.jpg

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
So, on this link you can see the completed listings ..and all from the same guy.
Link won't work..however i made a picture
I hope that the Ebony one wasn't the guitar which was built for me :(
-0eyk7.jpg

Maybe I should continue to stay out of this thread, but the temptation is too high after seeing that. :mad:

There has got to be something that can be done, this is clearly well, erm, I just bit my tongue. I have no words.

Let me just say that I truly wish you guys the best of luck, and if ever there is something I can do (within the limits of the law) to help pressure the situation in your favour, please let me know.

Matte

Reaction score
I backed him up in here and in hind sight I wish I hadn't. He delivered a guitar full of flaws and after sending it back to him for repairs, I had to bombard him with e-mails for about a month before he finally sent the guitar out to a luthier I trust to do the repairs.

Sorry for everyone who go scammed, I am in a similar situation but you guys have it rougher than me. I just need to get mine repaired, many of you were patient for years and got nothing for it.

Moosick

Reaction score
Hey all, just thought I'd chip in. Add to the case file and whatnot.

Bought a Siggery a while back. Probably three years now. I'll add my experiences to the pile by means of bullet points, just so it doesn't get overlong.

>contacted four years back, asked for what was essentially that £999 8 string fan fret that was featured in that advert
>quoted 6 weeks
>shenanigans ensue
>good contact, seemingly sincere
>ask for a fret inlay, too.
>12 months later, arrives, apologies ensue from him

so, problems
>fret inlay was never done - he quoted an issue with copyright (It was literally XII on the 12th fret) as well as the guy who did the inlays having family problems
>the varnish on the guitar was iffy - in one spot under the neck, there is either a drop-shaped absence of it, or a corrosive chemical dripped onto it in post-production. Purely aesthetic.
>a semi-obvious fret-marker mistake on the side of the neck on the 4th fret - there's a depression which can be felt, but it is at least subtle and covered over, consistent with the rest of the material
>intonation is poor - clearly a rushed setup - past the 11th fret. I haven't had it set up yet as the strings last a long long time and, well, LIFE (I like dull tones, so I haven't replaced them in a while), but past the 12th it will go out, and getting it tuned right can be a pain as I have to tune to compensate rather than tune to pitch. I'm hoping (praying) the fret positions are not the problem, and it's just the neck that needs adjusting.
>wax on the pickups wasn't scraped away - at the time, I was young and stupid, and attempted to clean it up, resulting in the pups falling away from each other, now 'fixed' by adjusting the screws so they push into each other - this is obviously part my fault, too.
>frets aren't hammered down too well - can catch nails and strings under them towards the bottom of the neck

I was going to have a tone knob installed a few months afterwards, but quickly realised I probably wouldn't see it again if I sent it to him, so now I'm contacting a pro to do it. I'm also quite concerned seeing that image above, as the £500 one in that Ebay screencap is not dissimilar to mine, and I got mine for double that - considering the price difference, well, even as a liquidation sale, he's making a profit on that.

Otherwise, it's good. VERY sturdy and very light, the neck sits nicely in the body, the electronics work just fine, the sustain is good (I play drone metal so that's kinda vital :p), and it plays well enough for me when I'm doing semi-technical stuff. But the intonation is a worry. When I do finally get round to having it gone over, tone knob, pickups waxed and all, if it is the frets, I don't know if that can be corrected.

Overall, I'm glad I got it over an overpriced Schecter (UK stockists push an extra £200-300 onto them) or one of the Carpenter signatures, but it does still cause problems. I'm happy enough with it, and it's bought now, but constant back and forths and everything above was/is a pain.

In the future I'll favour well-sourced second-hands or higher quality custom builders. I fully believe Marty to be a good builder, or have the skills ot be one capable of making a godly guitar, but the rushing and bullsh!tting cuts it down to just 'what I'd expect, only poorly set up'

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
>fret inlay was never done - he quoted an issue with copyright (It was literally XII on the 12th fret)

Those Romans hold the rights to everything :bsflag:

')