Siggery guitars

Ayo7e

ralugeR gro.ss
Reaction score
This is my 7th month, but I made some changes... Still not bad. The only thing that I don't like is the lack of pics, but I'm sure that it will be worth so I'm not worried. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GTailly

Intellect's Minion
Reaction score
Lack of pics is really a point to mention here. Sad thing but you have to be aware if you are planning on dealing with Marty.

animalwithin

Reaction score
Lack of pics is really a point to mention here. Sad thing but you have to be aware if you are planning on dealing with Marty.

Yea been nearly two months since my deposit, sent him an email regarding some pics and an update as to where the guitar was and I got no response :( Still pulling for Marty, hes a great guy.

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
Hrm, that's some mixed dates. Some quick some long. Well it's not like I'm in a hurry to grab a custom, so i guess 6 months or so is actually fine. More time to save up for the remaining balance I guess. :lol:

Was it worth the wait for you guys though?

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
6 1/2 months. No changes.

7 1/2 months - no changes no crazy specs. Unlucky i guess

Sorry to hear that guys.

I've only got three months, three days after paying the deposit I made a change for some microdot inlays in the same color as the binding, I've been patient. :yesway: And will continue to be, pics would be nice, but when he's taking pics and uploading them to everyone, he isn't building, I'm pretty sure he works by himself. I'm surprised he hasn't burnt out...:(

Maniacal

Reaction score
Marty took my guitar back about 6 weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything about it being fixed.

Awesome!

Maniacal

Reaction score
Looks like it. Will probably just get rid of the Siggery. If I even get it back.

AndreasD

Reaction score
^Considering a lot of Marty's customers are people who can't afford or can't find Blackmachines, treating you (an actual BM owner) like that isn't a great business move on his side. He has a hell of a lot to gain from you being pleased with your Siggery, especially since you're active on a forum where he has a relatively large following.

Christian Noir

\m/=^n.n^=\m/
Reaction score
^Considering a lot of Marty's customers are people who can't afford or can't find Blackmachines, treating you (an actual BM owner) like that isn't a great business move on his side. He has a hell of a lot to gain from you being pleased with your Siggery, especially since you're active on a forum where he has a relatively large following.

As such, hopefully we can still get an unbiased review of the quality, tone, and other differences between all three. We already know that there are some build time issues and here there was already a quality issue (that may be resolved), but considering the price, Siggery's may still be an incredible deal, and besides, others have already conveyed good things about their final product.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
It was ok. I did't love it to death like I hoped. I got it, and fairly quickly traded it for a Ran FF8. I like the Ran a lot more.

Although, the other guy did say he liked it a ton. So, I guess it's just different strokes.

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score
I'm curious to see the difference in quality and tone. I currently own a B8, and actually gave up buying the used B2 and will be buying a new B2 from Doug come around the end of this year. I've heard great things about Siggery's though, so I probably will end up keeping it. Hopefully i'll be able to compare all of them along with my Strandberg once my name comes up on that waiting list within the next 1-2 years. Not to mention i'm building a 6 string of my own as well which hopefully will come out well enough to be able to patent the design and begin starting a business of building them. I might just compare that to it as well.

Looks like it. Will probably just get rid of the Siggery. If I even get it back.

If I may ask, what was exactly wrong with yours?

Maniacal

Reaction score
Issues with the pickup placement, nut problem, in serious need of setup.

Basically it was unplayable, the F sharp string didn't even make a noise.

At this stage I am pretty pissed off to be honest.

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score
Issues with the pickup placement, nut problem, in serious need of setup.

Basically it was unplayable, the F sharp string didn't even make a noise.

At this stage I am pretty pissed off to be honest.

Was it fanned? And did you make a NGD thread? Just curious.

Maniacal

Reaction score
It is fanned. I didn't actually bother posting NGD pics because it went straight back to Marty.

I do have some pics of it though, if you are interested.

The guitar looked nice, it just didn't play. I also haven't heard from Marty in a while which I put down to bad customer service. It was supposed to be sent back to be 4 or 5 weeks ago.

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score
It is fanned. I didn't actually bother posting NGD pics because it went straight back to Marty.

I do have some pics of it though, if you are interested.

The guitar looked nice, it just didn't play. I also haven't heard from Marty in a while which I put down to bad customer service. It was supposed to be sent back to be 4 or 5 weeks ago.

What a pain.
Yeah, post some pics. Wouldn't mind taking a look at it. Hopefully mine won't have the same problem. It's an 8, not fanned 25.5 scale, but has a high A. Hopefully it'll be okay. I'm not sure if Marty has shipped it to me yet or not since I heard it was finished and paid him for it since I haven't really heard from him. But i'm sure it'll be on it's way soon.

')