Siggery guitars

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
Guys I need a little advice here. I found someone who is selling his Siggery FF8 and it looks quite good, but on a second look i noticed that there is a gap between the two coils of the bridge PU. What do you guys think? Can that be repaired? And generally speaking can I change the PUs of a FF (i.e. can i contact bareknuckle and ask them for 2 8-string fanned fret PUs)? Here are the pictures Siggery 8 Custom - Imgur

Looks like the routing is straight, but the humbucker is crooked. I think it is easily fixed with a piece of tape (around the bobbins).

so a Siggery costs only 1000 GB pounds??? does that include hardware and pickups as well? or only the painted guitar?

Yes, that's the starting point for a H-H standard hardtail Siggery, which includes his pups. Any fancy wood, hardware, inlay etc. will cost you additionally. I think it's comparable with RAN's and Blackat's prices, but Marty will charge you less for upgrades I think.
However, don't quote me on any of this. Send Marty an email or call him to get a quote for the guitar you would like to see him build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dommak89

Reaction score
Looks like the routing is straight, but the humbucker is crooked. I think it is easily fixed with a piece of tape (around the bobbins).
Ok well that wouldn't be a problem. But let's just assume it is. How easy would it be for me to change the PUs? And also on a side note how would you guys compare his own Pickups with other ones in terms of sound?

Dommak89

Reaction score
Unless the one you are looking at is REALLY tricked out,I would contact Marty about a quote.
I asked him for a 7 and responden with 1,000 GBP. I don't know how much an 8 would cost. Maybe somebody here can help me out. Either way, what do you guys think of the guitar in the pictures?

OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
I asked him for a 7 and responden with 1,000 GBP. I don't know how much an 8 would cost. Maybe somebody here can help me out. Either way, what do you guys think of the guitar in the pictures?

The guitar in the pictures looks great, no doubt, no of a shame about the pups though. Personally, of I were you I would definitely consider my own build. Just as long as you are prepared to wait a little longer

wookie606

Telecaster Fetish
Reaction score

He quoted me £1000 for a fanned fret 27-30 8 string with x-bar pickups.

Dommak89

Reaction score
He quoted me £1000 for a fanned fret 27-30 8 string with x-bar pickups.

Yeah I just emailed him and he answered (man he's fast) with basically the same info. But I don't want to wait that long so I'll snag this one and save a little money to order another one in the near future.

Marty seems like a really cool dude to work with so I want him to have my money.

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
Hi guys! I paid the deposit three days ago. This are my specs:
Heresy 6
Body - Ash/Ivoroid Bound Ebony
Finish - Gloss
Neck - Bolt on 5 Piece Wenge/Maple
Fingerboard - Ivoroid Bound Ebony
Inlays - Side White Blocks only
Scale - 25.5"
Headstock - Pariah
Hardware
Pickups - BKP Aftermaths Calibrated Covered Tyger
Bridge - Hipshot
Controls - Vol, Tone, 3 Way Switch
Locking Tuners
Whichever strap buttons
Hardware Colour - Black
Tuning- Drop B. Strings: EXL148 Nickel Wound, Extra-Heavy, 12-60

Marty is an awesome guy, he answers mails so fast.
I wish luck for all that are waiting for their orders. Add me to the list of desperate siggery lovers xD
See ya!!

ricknasty1985

I Am Hated
Reaction score
Hi guys! I paid the deposit three days ago. This are my specs:
Heresy 6
Body - Ash/Ivoroid Bound Ebony
Finish - Gloss
Neck - Bolt on 5 Piece Wenge/Maple
Fingerboard - Ivoroid Bound Ebony
Inlays - Side White Blocks only
Scale - 25.5"
Headstock - Pariah
Hardware
Pickups - BKP Aftermaths Calibrated Covered Tyger
Bridge - Hipshot
Controls - Vol, Tone, 3 Way Switch
Locking Tuners
Whichever strap buttons
Hardware Colour - Black
Tuning- Drop B. Strings: EXL148 Nickel Wound, Extra-Heavy, 12-60

Marty is an awesome guy, he answers mails so fast.
I wish luck for all that are waiting for their orders. Add me to the list of desperate siggery lovers xD
See ya!!

Glad to see he answered your emails:scratch:

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
Good for you mr Metal; those are a nice set of specs!! If you can stomach the wait, I think you are going to be very happy.
With Marty playing with some new luthiery-toys let's hope for a faster turnover.
I'm at 7,5 month and haven't seen anything yet. Communication was steady though and I know he's working on it :)

OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
Based on Marty's mid June estimate, I recon that one more week will put me in the ngddz (NGD danger zone lol). In other words, by this time next week if all is well then Marty will be putting the finishing touches to my instrument and preparing to ship it! Wooooo! Fingers crossed haha. You can all expect some dslr born sig-spam!:lol::metal:

animalwithin

Reaction score
Just emailed Marty a few hours ago, put my deposit in August 1st, 2012. Ten months, my guitar should be done, especially since we've seen some NGD's pop up, and mine pretty much just needed assembly after paint. Hope I get it in the next two weeks!

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
Been (almost) exactly one year since my build started with El Marty Awesomsauce. :)

Sent him a joke email asking to change my build to a complicated multiscale hahaha, he seemed to think it funny. :lol:

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
Been (almost) exactly one year since my build started with El Marty Awesomsauce. :)

Sent him a joke email asking to change my build to a complicated multiscale hahaha, he seemed to think it funny. :lol:

Haha, nice one. I'm sure his heart sank the moment he read it :spock:
All joking aside, it might be nice to see some NGD's or updates from all the builds :)
Next week will be 9 months since the deposit for me. Patiently counting down the day; I'm trying to send him not more than 1 email per month asking for updates.

')