Siggery guitars

ikarus

Reaction score
I figure this warranted a post.

My guitar order was supposed to come with an "ebony" fretboard. Both myself and Martin acknowledged this in our communications. When it arrived it had a very odd grain pattern. The pores were very noticeable. I figured it was just an odd cut or a random species.

A recent NGD: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/248655-ngd-siggery-7-string.html had a fretboard that looked exactly like the one on my guitar. The shape of the grain is REALLY distinctive.

I imagine "bog oak" is much cheaper than ebony...so I assume he was trying to pull a fast one. Well, joke's on me I suppose as I didn't catch him. I knew he had given me a case that was used...I let that one go. This is just the final insult.

My friends Siggery was speced with a mahagonie neck and came with a maple neck!

The tuners on my Siggery are used (or at least very old).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Anyway, I am almost at a year waiting time and according to Marty he is finishing my build (honestly, no idea what that means). I don't mind waiting, but I'm all about honesty. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect everyones, but don't start lying/deceiving...
I don't think Marty is intentionally screwing people over though.

Have you EVER seen ebony with grain similar to Bog Oak. I've owned about six guitars with ebony fretboards. I have a guitar on order with an ebony neck. I've sorted through stacks of ebony lumber of multiple different species when I selected that neck blank. Please, don't insult my intelligence, what I received WASN'T ebony. I simply assumed it was a bad cut of ebony at the time I received it.

I'm in no position to sort it out with Marty. I don't have it and the person I sold it to has sold it. How do you think I feel? I screwed the person I sold it to as well.

If it was intentional or not, I don't care. The end result is the same....wrong wood FACT.

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
Have you EVER seen ebony with grain similar to Bog Oak. I've owned about six guitars with ebony fretboards. I have a guitar on order with an ebony neck. I've sorted through stacks of ebony lumber of multiple different species when I selected that neck blank. Please, don't insult my intelligence, what I received WASN'T ebony. I simply assumed it was a bad cut of ebony at the time I received it.

I'm in no position to sort it out with Marty. I don't have it and the person I sold it to has sold it. How do you think I feel? I screwed the person I sold it to as well.

If it was intentional or not, I don't care. The end result is the same....wrong wood FACT.

No worries dude, I was talking hypothetically about Marty possibly being dishonest, not you. If you're right, there is no excuse. I'll make sure to double check my Siggery when I get it :)

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
Ooo some new guitars have been posted on Facebook.Check it out if it one of those that are waiting for thir guitars. I can see a delicious 9 string headstock mmmm...

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score
If you are expecting a 2 month waiting time I'd hope you aren't expecting a high quality instrument.
Just thought i'd speculate on previous statements.

If you wish to have a custom guitar made, i'd expect you'd to want it to be something you cherish and you would want it to be something respectable. I personally, regardless of the proposed waiting time, would wait as long as it takes in order to receive a well built guitar and a guitar I can be proud of over a rushed and poorly built guitar.

I personally find my guitar to be exceptional and I would take it over tons of other customs that i've tried over the years. Some of these being big names as well.

I have another build beginning soon with Marty.
Specs as follows.

Strings : 6 String
Scale Length: 25.5
Construction: Bolt on
Binding: Neck, Headstock, and Body (Excluding body carve)
Body: Chambered Sapelle Mahogany
Top: 5A Curly Koa
Neck: 5-Piece Honduran Rosewood with Ebony Fillets
Fretboard: HIGHLY figured Roasted Curly Maple
Fretboard Radius: Infinite (Completely flat)
Bridge: Gold Schaller Hannes
Tuners: Sperzel Locking (Black or Gold) I think Black would look better.
Headstock Shape: Blackmachine Headstock with Matching Curly Koa cap and matching curly koa truss rod cover
Control Cavity Cover: Matching Curly Koa
Controls: 1 Volume pot (The Bareknuckle 550k) (Push pull for In-phase out of Phase) & 3-tone toggle switch
Neck profile: Flatish C shape from frets 1-5 then gets thinner D shaped from 6-12 and stays constant.
Bridge Pickup: Rebel Yell
Neck Pickup: VH2
Pickup Covers: Zebra
Strap locks: Dunlop Recessed Strap Locks

ikarus

Reaction score
hahah, maybe you get my koa top. After the body disaster he said he will send it to me but it never arrived at my place... :wallbash:

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
If you are expecting a 2 month waiting time I'd hope you aren't expecting a high quality instrument.
Just thought i'd speculate on previous statements.

If you wish to have a custom guitar made, i'd expect you'd to want it to be something you cherish and you would want it to be something respectable. I personally, regardless of the proposed waiting time, would wait as long as it takes in order to receive a well built guitar and a guitar I can be proud of over a rushed and poorly built guitar.

I personally find my guitar to be exceptional and I would take it over tons of other customs that i've tried over the years. Some of these being big names as well.

I have another build beginning soon with Marty.

Specs as follows.

Strings : 6 String
Scale Length: 25.5
Construction: Bolt on
Binding: Neck, Headstock, and Body (Excluding body carve)
Body: Chambered Sapelle Mahogany
Top: 5A Curly Koa
Neck: 5-Piece Honduran Rosewood with Ebony Fillets
Fretboard: HIGHLY figured Roasted Curly Maple
Fretboard Radius: Infinite (Completely flat)
Bridge: Gold Schaller Hannes
Tuners: Sperzel Locking (Black or Gold) I think Black would look better.
Headstock Shape: Blackmachine Headstock with Matching Curly Koa cap and matching curly koa truss rod cover
Control Cavity Cover: Matching Curly Koa
Controls: 1 Volume pot (The Bareknuckle 550k) (Push pull for In-phase out of Phase) & 3-tone toggle switch
Neck profile: Flatish C shape from frets 1-5 then gets thinner D shaped from 6-12 and stays constant.
Bridge Pickup: Rebel Yell
Neck Pickup: VH2
Pickup Covers: Zebra
Strap locks: Dunlop Recessed Strap Locks
5A curly koa top needs gold hardware sure!! Like the JP BFRs with koa top that are so rare. Seriously go gold hardware!!
IMG_7691.jpg
IMG_0442.jpg
IMG_0450.jpg

So tasty and classy:wub3::wub3:

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score
5A curly koa top needs gold hardware sure!! Like the JP BFRs with koa top that are so rare. Seriously go gold hardware!

I'm 100% going gold on the hannes. Brass for the material.
As for the tuners i'm going to keep them black.

Considering having the poles on the pickups be gold.
We'll see.
But i'm pretty set on having this build done.

And I have a very specific taste for what Koa will be used on the guitar. Going to want a really unique piece. If he didn't use that piece that I saw in your thread for the headstock, I think he might use that.

I've asked that he sends photo's of the koa top he is looking at before proceeding as i'm very picky. It also needs to be the correct thickness in order for the arm bevel to work correctly.

I'm also going for a Roasted Curly fretboard like that of Misha's dB1 that Darren made.
Love that color and fretboard and I think it would go great with the guitar. And I just love the feel of maple as well, so I figure why the hell not haha.

animalwithin

Reaction score
Any news folks? I saw quite a few completed guitars on his fb. Been over a year now, I just want my guitar :)

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
:nono: Too late man, already holding my breath! Haha

My build time is a year now, can't be much longer now...

Love to see anyone elses though!

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
A couple of nice ones popped on the Siggery Guitars facebook page.Goddamn the img code doesn't work for fb images

Yes it does... :scratch: (this is linked directly to the image on Facebook):

1273793_577626458941864_127749126_o.jpg

You just gotta know where to look for the link (there are two ways, which gives you two different URLs)

Cosmic Junglist

Reaction score
Came back from holiday up in Preston for a coupla weeks to find a brand spanking new shlab of maple at home waiting to be opened up

spalted%20maple%20guitar%20billet%20(6).JPG

Shout out to Greg at oregonburls.com for this magnificent specime

Hoping to use this piece for the body and headstock tops

Still saving up :) The axe shall be built some day soon!

Andless

Reaction score
You lucky bastard haha, its a beauty!

Thanks animal!

Finally got hold of a 0.05" Allen key from the local hardware store yesterday, so now it is properly intonated as well. Plays well now with .074-.010, but currently asking myself what would be a better choice for D3/G3-E4, given the fan and all.
Also Pondering whether or not I can bring the strings down to the current level of my Turbulence-T.

Tonally it is pretty versatile with the bars and neck + bridge pickups. Feels like you could play any genre you can throw at it, cleans, dirt, hi-gain.

My bass player friend jokingly asked me if I still needed my bass now, but yes, they are different beasts altogether. Just have the opportunity to make the lower registries a little more crowded now, and play D2 at 8th fret :cool:.

Last edited:

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
Any news? Animalwithin? You're waiting now for 14 months, right?

I'm over a year wait time now and send Marty two emails, no luck getting a reply yet.
Nonetheless, I still have faith my build is going to be epic :D

EDIT:
Marty got back to me: the guitar will be done within a MONTH. I'll be moving back to Holland in a month, so it'd better be ;)

animalwithin

Reaction score
Good to hear Min! I sent Marty an email over a month ago and he said he has a few guitars ahead of mine that just need setting up. He finished a whole batch recently, don't see why mine isn't set to be done soon. Hate to email him again, but if yours will be done within a week mine should be shortly following...I hope haha. 14 months indeed!

')