Rosewood and ebony 5 piece neck
Ebony fretboard
Ivoroid binding
Sperzel tuners
Hips hot bridge
Unspecified BKP's. :ugh:
Mini dot ivoroid inlay
Oil finish

I think that's it. :•D. It's literally the stock lefty heresy that's on his site lol. Only difference are the inclusion of inlay.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

straymond

Reaction score
man, I have one of those days.
I had some sparetime and checked out pics of several Siggerys.
Now I simply jitter with expectations, and can hardly wait. again.

simeonharris

Reaction score
yes, i know exactly what you mean. it's hard to maintain the level of excitement when the waiting times are this long. i had a boost when marty sent me some pics of the neck under construction, but i wish he'd send me some more!

Kvalte

Reaction score
Mines coming up on two years in a couple of days and I haven't received a *single* picture, nor any updates when I email him. Then again, I mail him like once every three months or so, but as far as I know, my guitar could still be blocks of wood and I wouldn't know.....I've been pretty patient , but I know there are like 4 people ahead of me who have been waiting even longer.

Can't say I'm a fan when people are getting theirs before us and they deposited much later.

Yeah I find it really weird and unfair that I've seen people ordering and getting theirs 3-5 months after and you are up to two years. I would try and call him in your case at least :(

simeonharris

Reaction score
also try contacting him through facebook messenger if you get no response from your emails. i've occasionally had some luck using that route...

Matte

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I specifically signed up for this forum as a result of me wanting to get in on this discussion about anxiously waiting on a build. I agree with Straymon when he talks about Marty's situation. He's one guy who is overloaded with work and doesn't want to admit how far behind he actually is. He is also so detail oriented that he doesn't trust anyone else to do the work (he's tried it in the past and it's always come back to haunt him.) I would take it even one step further though and say that because his work is so good and reasonably priced, his business has exploded and he hasn't been keeping track of his builds as much as he should (not that he forgets about his clients build but more the number of builds he has in the cue), so he quotes times that are unreasonable based on his current workload. He probably used to deliver a product in 4-6 months but I don't think he can anymore.

In any case, I have had a custom guitars built in the past and the standard wait time with most reputable builders is usually about a year or so. Frankly, when Marty told me he was behind with my build, I didn't think too much of it since I had figured his original quote was way too generous anyways.

For anyone who is waiting on a build, definitely shoot him an e-mail just to help him keep track BUT... and this is a big BUT... refrain from bombarding him with e-mails asking for updates. I send a message once a month just to see where things are at and he usually responds. I know it's rough waiting but unless there are details that need to be imminently discussed with him, e-mailing him more than once a month is overkill only adds to everyone's correspondence problems.

straymond

Reaction score
I agree with all the above.
I too will rather wait to recieve an instrument that contains a bit of marty's soul, so to speak, than getting a custom influenced by stress and other unwanted factors.

But I admit, today I bought a bass just to get my mind off my upcoming custom ;)

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
I agree with all the above.
I too will rather wait to recieve an instrument that contains a bit of marty's soul, so to speak, than getting a custom influenced by stress and other unwanted factors.

But I admit, today I bought a bass just to get my mind off my upcoming custom ;)

Nice! I bought a new bass amp for the same reason :p

I also agree with the above statements.
I prefer a quality guitar rather then adding stress to Marty and receiving a rushed job.

Kvalte

Reaction score
I just heard back from Marty this morning. He apologized and said that he has been having computer/email server issues and has been working very hard on everyone's builds and has over one hundred emails to get back to.

Guess I am looking at a ship date somewhere in July. I have no problem with waiting longer, but it is nice to be kept in the loop!

Figured I would just let everyone know :)

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
I just heard back from Marty this morning. He apologized and said that he has been having computer/email server issues and has been working very hard on everyone's builds and has over one hundred emails to get back to.

Guess I am looking at a ship date somewhere in July. I have no problem with waiting longer, but it is nice to be kept in the loop!

Figured I would just let everyone know :)

Yeah more or less the same he said to me and a couple of members here.
When did you ordered yours mate?

Pearson0110

Reaction score
If anyones interested im selling my spot for my Heresy 7. Due to financial difficulties im forced to sell off 90% of my gear. Unfortunatly, This is just one of the things i cannot afford to keep. My Deposit was made on the 27th of april 2013.

The Specs are: Right handed, 7 String, Mahogany Body w/ Claro Walnut top, Scale length 26.5" 7 piece neck (Maple/Mahogany/Wenge)Ivoroid binding, Luminalys (blue), Ebony Fretboard, Hipshot Bridge, BK Blackhawk Set, Bone Nut, Sperzel locking Tuners

If anyone is interested in this guitar then my email is mattpearsonjmi@gmail.com

Kvalte

Reaction score
January 2014?
Well here there´s a lot of people waiting a year or more myself included.
If he says yours is being shipped mid July or so, dunno if that it´s viable or not

Hmm strange. I know he started mine months ago because I asked if it was too late to change an option on it and he said he had started my build but not that part.

I would definitely contact him if you are waiting that long. I've seen people's ship out in 5 months.

He did say he is trying really hard to get everything out the door this month so hopefully you and others get your customs.

')