Siggery guitars

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matte

Reaction score
He responded to me last time I contacted him about my build last month. Don't worry, he's still kicking around. I still stick by my one e-mail per month, he doesn't always answer although if it's been a while, I tend to stress that it's been a long time since I heard from him in the e-mail and he gets back to me usually within a week after.

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
It's been like 26 months, 2 emails over 3 months and an email a few months before that, and no word or pictures. I think he needs to hire someone to take progress images and respond to emails so he can focus on building.

Anybody else having any luck?

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
You guys thought of forming a FB group and perhaps someone who has contact with Marty getting him into the group? It's a lot easier for updates and a bit of easy access communication goes far.

dwizted

7 Stringslinger
Reaction score
Any word on Marty and his builds. Just got a six string and I love it to death... Plays looks and sounds sweet as hell... I am very tempted on ordering a 7 stringer...

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
You guys thought of forming a FB group and perhaps someone who has contact with Marty getting him into the group? It's a lot easier for updates and a bit of easy access communication goes far.

I wish someone did the same like you do with Ormsby, you make a great job mate
Someone in the UK that could contact easily with Marty? The FB group seems a very good idea

-Dave

Reaction score
I had kind of hoped I wouldn't get to the point of complaining about the luthier, but my build was due in February and I've still seen no pictures or anything.

That being said, the delays have come down from a month each time to a couple of weeks each time, so maybe he's actually getting closer now.
I've given up on emails and been calling him directly, seems to get a better reaction, and the chance for an actual conversation.

Latest update (as of a text message this morning), is that it'll be ready in time for my next show on the 18th. We'll see. :/

straymond

Reaction score
can someone post some random pics of their siggery to ease my wait-pain? ;)

Danny Husk

Reaction score
The FB group is a cool idea, but why not just a big post from him here getting everyone up to speed. More disclosure = less speculation, I would think that's better for business.

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
Good find. Can't say I like them harping over the crowned fret issue, nor that another customer chimed in with the same issue....makes me nervous now. XD

Not that I even have any pics to confirm anything. :squint:

Andrenighthound

Reaction score
Well if i don't get mine by march 2015 it will be 3 years and I was quoted 2 months back in march 2012! Maybe because I only dropped a 300.00 us dollar deposit, I thrown to the back of the line?? That still ain't cool...I'm actually a little pissed..

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
Yeah I've been needing a longer scale 7 for ages but have held off getting something as I was told my build would be ready 'in about 2 months', multiple times, and I've yet to see a single pic or status update.
For all I know he doesn't even have the raw materials, never mind actually started building something.
I think he's realized that I'm getting pissed as now he doesn't even respond with his usual "yeah yeah, 2 months, you'll get it" because I'm not buying the bullshit any longer.

I'm pretty close to ordering a DC7X and putting this business behind me.

ikarus

Reaction score
I believe this is a "N(used)GD" as I'm pretty sure I saw this one on the Marketplace section. I may be wrong...

Yep, i sold my friends guitar to gamber. Now our band is completly Siggery free. :lol:

Good find. Can't say I like them harping over the crowned fret issue, nor that another customer chimed in with the same issue....makes me nervous now. XD

Not that I even have any pics to confirm anything. :squint:

If you are worried about flat frets, you should contact Marty. It was the same on my Siggery, completly flat frets. I got it fixed by a local luthier but than i had to sell the guitar due to all the other issues.

Danny Husk

Reaction score
Yep, i sold my friends guitar to gamber. Now our band is completly Siggery free. :lol:

If you are worried about flat frets, you should contact Marty. It was the same on my Siggery, completly flat frets. I got it fixed by a local luthier but than i had to sell the guitar due to all the other issues.

I'm confused, was the flat fret issue disclosed to Gamber? Because in the NGD thread he says he's unaware of what fret crowning is...:scratch:

')