Siggery guitars

Christian Noir

\m/=^n.n^=\m/
Reaction score
It was ok. I did't love it to death like I hoped. I got it, and fairly quickly traded it for a Ran FF8. I like the Ran a lot more.

Although, the other guy did say he liked it a ton. So, I guess it's just different strokes.

According to your thread at http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/extended-range-guitars/211424-ngd-ran-crusher-ff8.html#post3186382 , you said the quality was comparable. Talk about tone seems kind if subjective in the threat... also, there are always different specs such as woods, pots, that could be taken into consideration... not to mention that even the same model guitar can sound different given organic differences in materials...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
yea I've had no luck emailing Marty over the last month to see if we're still on track. Manical (sp) sorry to hear that about your guitar, I'd be pissed too. Like calling everyday pissed. Did he at least offer up some refund, to pay for the shipping back to him, anything?

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
According to your thread at http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/extended-range-guitars/211424-ngd-ran-crusher-ff8.html#post3186382 , you said the quality was comparable. Talk about tone seems kind if subjective in the threat... also, there are always different specs such as woods, pots, that could be taken into consideration... not to mention that even the same model guitar can sound different given organic differences in materials...

In my last post I never said the quality of one was worse. :scratch:

The Siggery sounded fine for cleans but was really not cut out for a metal sound. If anything, I thought the Siggery pickups lacked definition under gain to play really tight riffs. They were, to use a very subjective terms, fuzzy and mid heavy. I expected them to be a bit flatter in the EQ and a little hotter. It could have been my request for how the pick-ups be wound or just a different voicing.

Again, The Ran is better for metal and had a bit more of a C shaped neck instead of a D shape. All of this led me to like it more.

animalwithin

Reaction score
Grrr, all this makes me want to get mine now!! I hope this doesn't turn out to be another BRJ-similar experience for me.

Mitochondria

Reaction score
Grrr, all this makes me want to get mine now!! I hope this doesn't turn out to be another BRJ-similar experience for me.

Dude, i highly doubt it will be that bad. Marty is pushing out guitars, and has a much smaller queue. He's not big on pictures but some custom builders just are like that. It will come; i have not heard of one siggery on ss.org go over a years wait. :yesway:

animalwithin

Reaction score
Haha your words are very assuring 44, thanks! I think I'll just do my best to forget about it, when it comes it comes.

mpb

Reaction score
Dude, i highly doubt it will be that bad. Marty is pushing out guitars, and has a much smaller queue. He's not big on pictures but some custom builders just are like that. It will come; i have not heard of one siggery on ss.org go over a years wait. :yesway:

Well I'm pretty sure thats about to be proved wrong, been waiting more than 11 months now, no reply to my last email a few weeks back. All this after being quoted a 6 week delivery:scratch:

Mitochondria

Reaction score
Well I'm pretty sure thats about to be proved wrong, been waiting more than 11 months now, no reply to my last email a few weeks back. All this after being quoted a 6 week delivery:scratch:

Did you change your specs or anything? I am sorry to hear that.

mphsc

Reaction score
as of last week, we're still on track for a 4 month build, I'm anticipating more honestly.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
as of last week, we're still on track for a 4 month build, I'm anticipating more honestly.

if i were waiting ona build i would expect anywhere from 8-12 months, possibly more depending on demand

and demand for siggery stuff has skyrocketed since i first spoke to him 8 months ago

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting a Siggery a lot recently. Can you guys ballpark me a typical price? I would think it'd be no more than 3k or so? I don't wanna email Marty just yet cause I don't even have money for a deposit but I should in the next couple months.

RickSchneider

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting a Siggery a lot recently. Can you guys ballpark me a typical price? I would think it'd be no more than 3k or so? I don't wanna email Marty just yet cause I don't even have money for a deposit but I should in the next couple months.

Seriously dude, just email him with some specs and let him know your situation. I emailed him my specs with the added info that I wouldn't be capable of putting a deposit down for a while. He gave me a quote and said for me to reference it for when i was ready for a deposit.

There's no harm in getting in contact with him, he seems to be very understanding and helpful to anyone interested in his guitars. Best of luck to you!

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
*removed*

:) :) :)

For a speedy reply, forward an attachment of red velvet cake and rice pudding.

Last edited:

mphsc

Reaction score
should we remove that email link for the spammers?

GTailly

Intellect's Minion
Reaction score
@mphsc, We sure should.
I do not want to be rude but it is nearly impossible to NOT be able to find it when he only has one official website with a pretty obvious contact tab in which his e-mail is written in like 16pt size font...
Pure lack of willingness to find it at this point. ;)

')