Siggery guitars

RickSchneider

Reaction score
Had a few set backs to mine, Marty told me he is aiming to finish some people who put their deposit down before me, which I can totally understand and am fine with. Though I've emailed twice asking if he could give a 'safety' date when my guitar should definitely be done by (I don't care how far off it is, I'll just leave him alone until the date comes), but so far haven't received a response

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Marty said that there are setbacks,but he is working to get it to me as soon as possible.

@RickSchneider One of Marty's replies got lost in my case,so I had to send a second email to get a response (where he informed me that he did reply to the first one).

Reaction score
I emailed him yesterday and he go back to me in about 15 minutes. He told me everything is going good he's just crazy busy right now. 8 months:scratch:? Have you made any spec changes?

RickSchneider

Reaction score
Yeah animalwithin, could you remind us of your specs? I have no idea what the go is with your wait time :/

Now I remember we were compiling that deposit/spec list a few pages back - that could be handy to revive

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
1. geofreesun - Nov 4th 2011 - Ash body, maple top, wenge/bubinga neck, we are finalizing on the fingerboard wood choice, otherwise no changes since deposit.

2. RobZero - 20th December 2011 - 8 string, Swamp Ash body with dyed quilted maple top, birdseye/flame maple neck, ebony fingerboard, black binding, 26-28'' fanned frets, luminlay side dots - requested going from mahogany to swamp ash for the body and Lace Deathbars on 14th August 2012

3. JP Universe - March 13th, 2012 - 8 string Fanned, Swamp Ash body, flamed Spalted maple top, rosewood neck, flame maple fingerboard, cream Siggery pickups. SPEC CHANGES - changed neck wood, colour of pickups to cream and inlay pattern

4. Vicious7 - June 13th, 2012 - Mahogany Body, Ciaro Walnut Top, Rosewood+Ebony Neck - Requested Mini Dot Inlays Matching the Binding on June 20th, 2012.

5. WiseSplinter - June 29th 2012 - FF7 string, Mahogany Body, Cocobolo top/stock, maple neck / wenge stripes, zircote board, 3ply binding (w/b/w) no inlays (lumo side dots only) - no spec changes

6. 44 Lines- July 27th, 2012-- 7 string 27" scale, Figured Black Limba body, Ebony Top, Binding all over, Rosewood/wenge neck, Dot inlays on top. A few spec changes (all already accommodated for).

7. animalwithin - 1 August 2012 - Alder Body no top (V-shape!), one piece maple neck (unfinished/bolt on) w/ ebony fingerboard, alternating fingerboard edge binding - No specs change at all!!

8. RickSchneider - 15 Sept 2012 - Ash body+Ebony Top, Wenge+Maple neck, Ebony fretboard - requested for no tone knob early october

9. Deadnighshade -21 Sept '12 -Ash body , wenge+maple neck -no spec changes

10. Minoin - 21 Sept 2012 - 7-string OFR, Mahogany body, Burl top - Maple/mahogany/purplewood neck - Spec changes: BKP pups, Hipshot locking tuners, different headstock shape

11. Subdivisions_709 - 24 Oct 2012 - Ash body, Flamed Koa top, rosewood/ebony neck - no spec changes yet

So, who is up next? Who already has their Siggery?
Mine should be done the 1st of April and I send him an email today for an update (ofcourse no reply yet)

So, Animalwithin is going exactly 7 months strong. Hope you'll get her soon mate!

ikarus

Reaction score
Marty sent me a mail today, saying that he is only waiting for the hardware and then my second guitar is finished. Deposit was paid on the 15. feb 2012.

BTW have you checked out the new gallery with recent builds?

Siggery Guitars

I am super proud that he used one of my own pics for displaying my guitar. :cool:

Pushingink

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just adding a time to help judge. I got mine in Dec of last year and it took 10 months to get it. Hope you guys all get yours soon, it will be worth it :hbang:

RickSchneider

Reaction score
Also,
I did receive an email response from Marty shortly after posting my last comment. Should be a little while longer until he is done, but hopefully not too long!

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
Hmmm....maybe I'll email him too. I put mine on hold to fund another build...methinks it's time to start the Siggery back up.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
Who got this Macassar top? Looks like the one he got for my build I backed out of. Nice looking!

siggery-guitars-1-lrg%20%2816%29.JPG

Ayo7e

ralugeR gro.ss
Reaction score
Hi guys, Just wanted to let you know I still dont have my guitar, 20 days waiting for the shipping. total waiting time 1 year 2 weeks. BUT I've seen the guitar finished and I'm sure it will worth.

:wavey:

animalwithin

Reaction score
Correction, 7 months haha, thanks for the updated list Minoin! Marty got back to me yesterday. Beginning of January he said the paint guy was slacking and that he had a whole bunch of guitars waiting to be painted by the guy. Yesterday he said he's going to meet with the paint guy this weekend so if he's been hustling, the paint should be done. All thats left after that is assembly so all is resting on the paint dude now!!!!!

OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Marty mailed me the other day saying mine will take a little longer as the spalted top split so he needs to get a new one from his suppliers. Just coming up to 6 months and have payed in full. One or two very minor spec changes over the process, none that i imagine would affect the waiting time. Just letting you all know where im at so you can try to predict the order :)
cant wait to get my hands on the thing!
also, for the benefit of the list, my deposit was on september 11th 2012, but as i said, i have now payed in full

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
I love Martys work and he is a great guy! But he is making it hard for himself by quoting unrealistic completion times. If he just quoted 6-8 months, everyone would be satisfied and he wouldn't get so much emails asking for progress. Just my two cents.

RickSchneider

Reaction score
Yeah no doubt man, it's just unforunate for those who get frustrated when the times aren't met, at least most of us realise that it's going to take a bit longer than what he is quoting. Up to about 7 months now and I couldn't really care if it was another one (but according to Marty next week will be the final ;) )

OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
I love Martys work and he is a great guy! But he is making it hard for himself by quoting unrealistic completion times. If he just quoted 6-8 months, everyone would be satisfied and he wouldn't get so much emails asking for progress. Just my two cents.

I agree man. His work speaks for itself and he has such competitive prices that nobody is gonna be put off by a few months on a waiting time, plus he's a really nice guy to deal with. People would definitely still swamp him with orders if he quoted like 8 months and its better to over quote than to under quote i recon.
I'm coming up to the 6 month mark and I'm not feeling at all complacent because I know he will do a great job, but I can imagine that some people would feel a bit agitated after the predicted date. It would be in everybody's best interests if he gave himself a little more time.
Not that I'm suggesting he intentionally under quotes or anything like that, so don't take it the wrong way. I'm sure he does his best to get them out in 4 months but realistically that has got to be damn hard work!

blanco

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I recently played one of his fan fretted and was really impressed with the quality of it. I think some people are a little naive when it comes to ordering a custom and assume that they the luthier just has everything ready to start their build straight away. I personally feel a quote for around 9-12 month is amazingly good especially seeing as he isn't outsourcing the work and doing it all himself. Does he even CNC?

')