Siggery guitars

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Siggery

siggeryguitars
Reaction score
Nope, ive messaged him once every month but haven't heard anything.. but it might be his/my emails being S**t

I dont know if mines even started tbh, i haven't recieved an email saying it has

All your emails have been acknowledged Matt. I have even sent you PM's on this forum too. Your guitar has been started but isn't due for completion yet. I have many customers that are in front of you that I need to get guitars done for. I'm a little unclear what emails you are referring to that are not being answered?

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
Congrats on a one year wait animalwithin!! Hope your V-shaped Siggery is on its way across the pond :)

animalwithin

Reaction score
Aw thanks Min! Great thread to be a part of and Marty is one hell of a great guy, here's to hoping it's almost done!!

OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
Hey guys, just letting you know I'm still madly in love with my Siggery, can't put it down even after nearly a month. I sleep with it next to my bed, the luminlay side dots look like a landing strip at night :p they are unbelievably bright! Aiming to upload a couple of vids some time soon, just haven't got 'round to it yet!
Here's hoping you guys get your instruments soon! Looking forward to your ngds :hbang:
Animalwithin I think you are certainly the most deserving at this stage :lol:

animalwithin

Reaction score
Heard back from Marty couple days ago! Still a few guitars ahead of mine that just need assembly, then after than assembly on mine and it'll be done! I'm actually considering getting another Siggery haha.

ikarus

Reaction score
For those of you who are wondering what happened to my second build:

Unfortunately I have bad news. A split has occured in the black limba. It is not repairable and the project is canceled. I got a full refund from Marty, but I am dissapointed though. :(

I bought the neck from Marty and will get a new body from another luthier. Keep your eyes open for a new Rusti build thread soon. :cool:

Marty Siggery

siggeryguitars
Reaction score
For those of you who are wondering what happened to my second build:

Unfortunately I have bad news. A split has occured in the black limba. It is not repairable and the project is canceled. I got a full refund from Marty, but I am dissapointed though. :(

I bought the neck from Marty and will get a new body from another luthier. Keep your eyes open for a new Rusti build thread soon. :cool:

Yea it was disappointing as it was a really nice body, as you can see from the original thread but I couldn't release something with that kind of split across it. Repairing it would have just been a bodge which I also couldn't do. So may apologies to Jürgen. I still never got to the bottom of why it split as the remaining pieces from that plank of black limba have all remained consistent?

geofreesun

Reaction score
almost 2 years in the waiting now we have a progress pic to show off! I love it! I told Marty to do a Carvin deep moss green quilt top, and he nailed it:hbang:

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
Man, Marty is so freaking fast answering emails! I've changed specs, only the top. It has been so fast.
Ooo the green top on that bad boy is stunning dude. So clean.
Cheers.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised at how impatient this forum is when it comes to their custom guitars, especially if its a one luthier operation. Waiting longer than the estimated build time is pretty much the norm with custom guitars. 2 years is a long time, but even that isn't outrageous. If you don't want to wait, don't buy a custom guitar. :shrug:

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised at how impatient this forum is when it comes to their custom guitars, especially if its a one luthier operation. Waiting longer than the estimated build time is pretty much the norm with custom guitars. 2 years is a long time, but even that isn't outrageous. If you don't want to wait, don't buy a custom guitar. :shrug:

Except people were given a two month wait time and then had to wait six months. (Ex. Me) :lol: Do you think people should just ignore they were given (likely knowingly given the number of instances) an inaccurate quote?

geofreesun

Reaction score
I think I have been very patient. Anyone with a longer wait? Many have sold their spots already.

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
^ On the latest version of "the list" (back on page 47) you were at the top, so I imagine you're at the front of the line, for sso members at any rate.

That top is looking f*cking sick though, I'm not going for a stain on my build, but now I kinda wish I was :lol: , hope your NGD isn't too far off.

chinzilla1984

Reaction score
im looking forward to the day i get mine, if im honest Ive been waiting 6 months already and it seems like yesterday... if i don't get my build for another 6 months im not to bothered, i know this guitar is going to be funking awesome

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Except people were given a two month wait time and then had to wait six months. (Ex. Me) :lol: Do you think people should just ignore they were given (likely knowingly given the number of instances) an inaccurate quote?

You shouldn't ignore it but understand a one man operation has limitations. If anything goes wrong, everything from the supply chain to illness will have a negative effect on production. I the reason I said what I said was because I've been in your position before and was pretty angry about it at the time but the guitar came out better than I could have imagined and all was forgiven. I was promised a brief wait time too; I waited 10x longer. In my experience, the smaller the company, the longer the wait time regardless of the initial estimate of completion.

And to my negative feedback provider, head on over to TGP, there are plenty of more stupid things to read there.

cbhiamthewall

Reaction score
Solid guitars that play well and look sexy. I'm considering releasing my Luger FF7 back into the wild, because GAS is powerful. Presently my post count isn't high enough to advertise accordingly.

')