Siggery guitars

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
I totally agree :) My 1 year wait time is slowly creeping up on me and I'm not really happy about that. HOWEVER, my build is going to be extremely cool; it has everything I would want out of a guitar (except piezo perhaps).
He has kept me updated, but I just can hardly wait to see, play and hear it!

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
A couple of nice ones popped on the Siggery Guitars facebook page.Goddamn the img code doesn't work for fb images

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
^This is good news, means he should be finishing mine soon haha.

Judging from the list in page 47, 2/4 guitars Marty posted today APPEAR to be:

4.Andless (8 string fanned blue quilted top)

and

5.Vicious 7 (6 string claro walnut top)

He posted 2 more that don't appear on the list,a solid white straight scale 8 string,and a fanned fret 9 string with a killer flame maple top

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I figure this warranted a post.

My guitar order was supposed to come with an "ebony" fretboard. Both myself and Martin acknowledged this in our communications. When it arrived it had a very odd grain pattern. The pores were very noticeable. I figured it was just an odd cut or a random species.

A recent NGD: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/248655-ngd-siggery-7-string.html had a fretboard that looked exactly like the one on my guitar. The shape of the grain is REALLY distinctive.

I imagine "bog oak" is much cheaper than ebony...so I assume he was trying to pull a fast one. Well, joke's on me I suppose as I didn't catch him. I knew he had given me a case that was used...I let that one go. This is just the final insult.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
^Any chance it actually is ebony? I'm just figuring that the price difference is not likely large enough to risk a customer figuring out you cheated.

XxJoshxX

Djentleman
Reaction score
^Any chance it actually is ebony? I'm just figuring that the price difference is not likely large enough to risk a customer figuring out you cheated.

Yeah, I looked up bog oak prices and its pretty expensive, I doubt he would switch it out when there Isn't a big margin in price

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
The grain pattern was quite destinct and very clear. Bog Oak is the only wood I've seen with that style of grain. Ever seen ebony with an open grain like oak? Regardless of why it happened, he still managed to used the wrong fretboard wood.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Not to be trolling this thread (since I don't have a build going), but are you guys all posting NGDs, and these aren't getting shipped frequently, or are a lot of them out there we aren't seeing? I keep waiting for this huge influx of Siggerys.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
:lol: I'm LONG since done with him. It just occurred to me long after everything I was screwed in a way I never even noticed.

My guess is that your guitar's ebony is straight grained and not finished in order to look blacker than it really is,thus making the wood look the same.Maybe those two woods when cut in order to have straight grain look similar,and those patterns that you mention might depend on the slab,whether the two woods are close in density etc.

But I'm no wood expert/luthier,neither you are,and instead accusing someone of fraud,SORT IT OUT,by asking Marty and sending pictures to another luthier or something like that for cross reference.

chinzilla1984

Reaction score
Judging from the list in page 47, 2/4 guitars Marty posted today APPEAR to be:

4.Andless (8 string fanned blue quilted top)

and

5.Vicious 7 (6 string claro walnut top)

He posted 2 more that don't appear on the list,a solid white straight scale 8 string,and a fanned fret 9 string with a killer flame maple top

yeah thats not vicious claro walnut guitar... ;)

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
:lol: I'm LONG since done with him. It just occurred to me long after everything I was screwed in a way I never even noticed.

This sucks to read and I'm sorry to read it. Marty should just be straight up about it, and this isn;t the first time I've seen questionable work. At least it didn't come smelling like a stale cigerette like one guys, but a used case and wrong woods, wtf......

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
On the upside; bog oak is probably more expensive than ebony: Bog Oak | The Wood Database - Lumber Identification (Hardwoods)

Anyway, I am almost at a year waiting time and according to Marty he is finishing my build (honestly, no idea what that means). I don't mind waiting, but I'm all about honesty. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect everyones, but don't start lying/deceiving...
I don't think Marty is intentionally screwing people over though.

')