Siggery guitars

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
Good to hear Min! I sent Marty an email over a month ago and he said he has a few guitars ahead of mine that just need setting up. He finished a whole batch recently, don't see why mine isn't set to be done soon. Hate to email him again, but if yours will be done within a week mine should be shortly following...I hope haha. 14 months indeed!

Sorry man, I meant month instead of week.
There seem to be some difficulties with the "inlay-guys"; apparently my infinity-inlay (looks similar to Chappers' design) is taking some time.

So, time to get those specs out again. What are you getting AW?

animalwithin

Reaction score
I'm getting a V-guitar very similar to a Rhoads V, 6 strings. Alder body, maple bolt-on neck, ebony fingerboard with the side block inlays, so nothing fancy going on with the neck. Two Dimarzio pickups, body painted white and black. For the guitars that Marty usually builds, 7+ strings with fancy woods and stains, I feel like mine should have been done long ago haha.

Andless

Reaction score
For the guitars that Marty usually builds, 7+ strings with fancy woods and stains, I feel like mine should have been done long ago haha.

... assuming he is not busy working on other guitars that may or may not have been in the backlog queue for longer still. Anyway, hope you get it soon!

animalwithin

Reaction score
... assuming he is not busy working on other guitars that may or may not have been in the backlog queue for longer still. Anyway, hope you get it soon!

For sure, that's why I've been patiently awaiting this whole time :) Nothing but love and respect for Marty, incredible guy and luthier.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Looks like that crazy 9 string is FS on the bay now. He must have literally just received it and then posted the FS. I'm all over that thing except the scales - it's 25-28. I'd likely tune it to C#1, and I'd want a longer scale for that.

Anyone know who the guy is? Is he on here?

Edit: Oh, for Pete's sake, I can't get the damn link to em ad properly from my phone. You'll have to find it on there until I can get to a computer to properly link it. Sorry.

Andless

Reaction score
What are Marty's prices like these days? I'm wondering what a build like this would cost directly from him. Sub $2000?

I got the feeling that material choices mattered more to the price than the number of strings. But then I don't know what special requirements appear when hitting 9 strings, esp with that 9th string likely to be thicker than what you'd normally put on a guitar.

I'd drop him an email and ask if I were you.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
I got the feeling that material choices mattered more to the price than the number of strings. But then I don't know what special requirements appear when hitting 9 strings, esp with that 9th string likely to be thicker than what you'd normally put on a guitar.

I'd drop him an email and ask if I were you.

The guy states that the maple on the neck as well as the mahogany in the body are aged,so that may as well add to the price.The top seems very nice,but I doubt it added waay too much to the price.

As for special requirements for the 9 string the only thing I can think of is that you need wider pieces of wood (more or less like a 6 string bass I suppose),one extra tuner,one extra bridge saddle,and a wider bridge plate.The price difference in the pickups is negligible.

So my guess is that the guitar required large pieces of aged timber,that's why it's priced that way.Still,we can never know if he's trying to make a profit because he knows waiting times escalated quickly,unless we contact Marty as you said.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
A lot of people forget about customs. Since this guitar would have went through Russian customs the declared value would have been taxed at 30% so say it cost him

$2200(€1625)
30% tax = $660
Shipping = $200

That comes to $3060(€2260)

Which is the price he's aiming to sell it for. Although the buyer pays shipping aswell.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
What are Marty's prices like these days? I'm wondering what a build like this would cost directly from him. Sub $2000?

Well the guy who bought it wouldn't have paid todays prices (If they've gone up?)... I pimped out a FF 8 string with exotic woods and it was well under this number. I won't give out the exact number but i'm 99% sure he would have paid sub $2000, maybe add taxes on top and it's close.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
A lot of people forget about customs. Since this guitar would have went through Russian customs the declared value would have been taxed at 30% so say it cost him

$2200(€1625)
30% tax = $660
Shipping = $200

That comes to $3060(€2260)

Which is the price he's aiming to sell it for. Although the buyer pays shipping aswell.

Personally I'd sell it for something like 70% of the total sum he invested in the guitar (retaining the "shipping paid by the buyer").

It might be brand new (a minor flaw is mentioned though),but if you want it gone quickly and it's NOT regarded as a "fetish"-grade instrument (aka African American machine,butt old fenders with a whore's pussy liquids transfered from the oldie rocker's right hand to the rusty bridge ,VIKs,etc) you have to chew up some losses to make the listing appealing,apart from the fact that you don't have to wait out the build time.

EDIT:the forum allows the phrase "whore's pussy liquids" but not the f-word.Engage in sexual intercourse with logic.

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
He waited 1.5 times the quoted time, that's extremely good, since AW and I are both way over 3 times the quoted time.

I don't know why he is selling that high, but I'm not going to pay that for it, plain and simple.

It's good to know Marty is still going strong :)

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
He waited 1.5 times the quoted time, that's extremely good, since AW and I are both way over 3 times the quoted time.

I don't know why he is selling that high, but I'm not going to pay that for it, plain and simple.

It's good to know Marty is still going strong :)

I know we ordered the same date :D

Marty said I'll be good to go by the end of the month,which makes me pretty stoked,as it's close to my birthday :D.

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
I know we ordered the same date :D

Marty said I'll be good to go by the end of the month,which makes me pretty stoked,as it's close to my birthday :D.

Awesome, that means 3 new NGDs in the near future :hbang:

So, what's your spec list? The list on page 39 (if you have the same forum settings as I have) only says "Ash body , wenge+maple neck".

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Awesome, that means 3 new NGDs in the near future :hbang:

So, what's your spec list? The list on page 39 (if you have the same forum settings as I have) only says "Ash body , wenge+maple neck".

It's a fanned 8 string 26.5"-29.5" with swamp ash body,no top,2 pieces maple neck with wenge "wings" and ebony stringer in the center,lace deathbar in the bridge and x-bar in the neck

')