Siggery guitars

Matte

Reaction score
Well if i don't get mine by march 2015 it will be 3 years and I was quoted 2 months back in march 2012! Maybe because I only dropped a 300.00 us dollar deposit, I thrown to the back of the line?? That still ain't cool...I'm actually a little pissed..

Have you tried touching base with him to express the fact that you may have been overlooked?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
Well if i don't get mine by march 2015 it will be 3 years and I was quoted 2 months back in march 2012! Maybe because I only dropped a 300.00 us dollar deposit, I thrown to the back of the line?? That still ain't cool...I'm actually a little pissed..
Mmmm dunno I paid the half of the guitar, the final payment is the other half for me

Andrenighthound

Reaction score
Have you tried touching base with him to express the fact that you may have been overlooked?

Yes I emailed him many times and he emailed me numerous times promising me it would be done within a month blah blah blah like at least 8 times within these period..

Last two times I emailed about a couple of months ago and he never wrote back.

The only reason I really cared about wanting this guitar was for the fan frets. Huge bends on a long scale suck.

Andrenighthound

Reaction score
oh and if it comes with stainless steel frets that aren't dressed properly good luck getting them fixed cause most techs will charge a lot of money or not even touch stainless frets because its very hard on tools.

ikarus

Reaction score
I'm confused, was the flat fret issue disclosed to Gamber? Because in the NGD thread he says he's unaware of what fret crowning is...:scratch:

Its not a flaw in the traditional sense, its just the way Marty treats (or not treats) his frets...:ugh:

Matte

Reaction score
Yes I emailed him many times and he emailed me numerous times promising me it would be done within a month blah blah blah like at least 8 times within these period..

Last two times I emailed about a couple of months ago and he never wrote back.

The only reason I really cared about wanting this guitar was for the fan frets. Huge bends on a long scale suck.

Fair enough, well I don't know what to say about that, perhaps try some brutal honesty. Next e-mail you send state all the facts, that it's been almost 3 years now, that it's impossible for something to be so close to finishing for so long without it actually being completed,etc... Ask him if it's even started and if so what step is it at? Obviously something not right about this wait time so ask him to lay his cards on the table, refrain the desire to be rude in how you say things, and see what comes of it. I did the same thing a few months ago and he responded to me and even got around to sending me a picture or two.

As for how he treats his frets, many classical guitar luthiers have a somewhat flatter treatment of the frets so I wouldn't call it a flaw but just how he shapes his frets or perhaps even just the type of fretwire he installs.

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score

Danny Husk

Reaction score
You'd think Marty would be able to find an apprentice/intern to help sift through emails and snap pics just for an opportunity to learn the craft. That's been a solid business practice in the skilled trades for a very long time.

straymond

Reaction score
perhaps old news but these pics from siggery's fb-page has managed to elude me!

10462788_4334491537598_8053918125472124489_n.jpg

10537129_1522345871322582_5203026457018539550_n.jpg

10256452_794694510560945_282562141569792516_n.jpg

Andrenighthound

Reaction score
I never complained to him because I figured that wouldn't help the situation and I didn't want the guitar built in a rush..
I deleted my post a bunch of times on here because I really hate to hurt anyone but I was in a pissed of enough mood where I finally posted my true feelings of the matter. LOL
For the time being, I'm just happy I'm getting my new DC800 very soon..

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
I never complained to him because I figured that wouldn't help the situation and I didn't want the guitar built in a rush..
I deleted my post a bunch of times on here because I really hate to hurt anyone but I was in a pissed of enough mood where I finally posted my true feelings of the matter. LOL
For the time being, I'm just happy I'm getting my new DC800 very soon..

Mmm a DC800 is just so expensive in Europe. If prices were equal to the US ones, I would be a Carvin whore without any doubts, for me the best guitar company right now.
Congrats mate, post a NGD when you have it!!!

straymond

Reaction score
same here.
I actually checked out carvin but the additional charges would simply slaughter me...

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
Sure you pay a bit less with Siggery, but at least with Carvin you can be certain you will receive an actual guitar for your money, and not just empty promises.

Sorry, I might be ranting a little, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, just feeling a bit bummed about the whole thing.

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
Sure you pay a bit less with Siggery, but at least with Carvin you can be certain you will receive an actual guitar for your money, and not just empty promises.

Sorry, I might be ranting a little, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, just feeling a bit bummed about the whole thing.

For me a bit is not 1200€ more, can't afford a Carvin in Europe. I would have gone with them for sure.
And also you're comparing one man work with a team of workers with CNC Machines, massive logistics in a factory.
I agree with you,but it's not fair comparing an experienced and economically superior company with a small luthier.
Only my opinion mate:cool::cool:

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
Yeah I get that, maybe that was not the best comparison to make, however I don't believe the size of your shop/staff should dictate whether or not you actually deliver on your promises.

Carvin takes 4 months approximately, and they make a crapload of guitars.
Siggery gives an estimation of 18 months or so. Sure he makes FAR fewer guitars, but that does not excuse people waiting twice as long as the initial estimation, with little or no explanation.

Saying "Oh I'm just a one man show, therefore I don't have to keep the promises I make or explain myself to clients when I break them." is not cool or professional IMO.

A one man shop, regardless of how many guitars they put out, can still be honest and open with their clients. Just ask any of the other guys who got guitars from Perry Ormsby.

Edit: Reading over that I realise everything I've said has already been said before. Honestly I do still really want my Siggery to arrive and for it to be great. I hope Marty gets his act together soon.

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
Yeah I get that, maybe that was not the best comparison to make, however I don't believe the size of your shop/staff should dictate whether or not you actually deliver on your promises.

Carvin takes 4 months approximately, and they make a crapload of guitars.
Siggery gives an estimation of 18 months or so. Sure he makes FAR fewer guitars, but that does not excuse people waiting twice as long as the initial estimation, with little or no explanation.

Saying "Oh I'm just a one man show, therefore I don't have to keep the promises I make or explain myself to clients when I break them." is not cool or professional IMO.

A one man shop, regardless of how many guitars they put out, can still be honest and open with their clients. Just ask any of the other guys who got guitars from Perry Ormsby.

Edit: Reading over that I realise everything I've said has already been said before. Honestly I do still really want my Siggery to arrive and for it to be great. I hope Marty gets his act together soon.
I agree with you, only that Carvin is not the best example to compare with. Also I think custom shops like Ormsby or Daemoness are above of the rest. Wish that Marty did the same like Perry does with Matt, organising runs,taking photos,etc

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
Am I correct in reading this as that new quotes are communicated as having a wait time of approx. 18 months?

If so, this is already a huge step up in customer relations, all for the better! :yesway:

Sorry man, don't take that as official, it's just what Marty told me (more than 24 months ago) would be the wait time for my build.

Andless

Reaction score
Sorry man, don't take that as official, it's just what Marty told me (more than 24 months ago) would be the wait time for my build.

Ah, don't get me wrong. I got my Siggery last year, I don't have any builds in progress.

What I'm saying is that quoting 18 months is way better for everyone than the "6-8 weeks" that used to be what customers got quoted back when I ordered, as customers that actually take Marty on his word gets frustrated when the months goes into double digits and the guitar seems to be permanently "on its way".

18 months to 24 months would be a 30% delay. 2 months to 18 months would be a 900% delay.

Which customer would be endlessly drowning Marty in emails about build status and start thinking of cancelling the order first? :lol:

Latest posts

')