Siggery guitars

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
I can handle a few flaws for the price point, hell, I'm not even that picky really so long as I can do my weedly weedles. But this flat crowned fret issue needs to be addressed by Marty at some point.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
It always shocks me the number or people who will throw money at, and then defend endlessly, luthiers who fail to deliver quality or who fail to deliver at all.

Pearson0110

Reaction score
don't know if the link will work, but someone is selling a Siggery 7 on facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4812513688817&set=pcb.744455575634079&type=1&permPage=1

Yeah that's my Siggery, I'm selling it for a few reasons. In the time it took to build my taste in music drastically changed and I no longer play the same material any more, which is a crying shame because this guitars fantastic.

Everyone's heard stories off people saying they come with a lot of flaws, which, In my case isn't true. I've gone over the guitar countless times and cant find anything bad with the guitar, It's purely down to not suiting what I want to do any more.

simeonharris

Reaction score
someone just had one - this popped up on facebook. belong to anybody here? :)

10806444_782617941776047_1074879053006881733_n.jpg

dwizted

7 Stringslinger
Reaction score
Yep that one is mine and it is killer... Plays amazing and now has a warpig instead of the a blackhawk. It sounds insane now it sounded good before though. I love everything about it.

Ranx

Reaction score
Do you guys now what rights do we have as a customers to get our money back ? It s been 18 months now that I ve placed my order and still the same bullshit from Marty. " Your guitar will be ready soon blabla " and when I m asking for pictures there s no respons. I m thinking to call a lawyer but I m french and I don t know if it s gonna work...

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
If you know or find out anything about getting paid back let me know too. I asked Marty and he said it wasn't possible to give my deposit back....:ugh:

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Do you guys now what rights do we have as a customers to get our money back ? It s been 18 months now that I ve placed my order and still the same bullshit from Marty. " Your guitar will be ready soon blabla " and when I m asking for pictures there s no respons. I m thinking to call a lawyer but I m french and I don t know if it s gonna work...

Strictly speaking, I think that you already deserve a refund according to the law, since he failed to deliver the product upon the agreed time or at least within a small margin above that. Between us, we all know Marty is swamped, so an 18 or 20 month timeframe is logical for a luthier that became popular in a relatively small amount of time, that's why it's vain to pursue anything less, although it's wrong that he still quotes way faster completion times. Legally pursuing a refund, especially if more cross-country parties want to get organised (the customers that got their guitars late, almost all of them essentially) is a hassle, so my 2 cents are that if it doesn't break the 2 year mark under the current conditions, the price and quality dictate it's still ok/ok-ish. People that wait for more than 2 years indeed have to take action, though.

Ask Marty exactly how far is he into the build. If he has fallen behind in woodwork, tell him that the initial delivery agreement has been breached multiple times, so you have the right to ask for a refund even for the initial deposit. If he tells you that only the installation of hardware etc needs to be done, give it a couple more months before asking a refund, but set an ultimatum.

To clarify before anyone states that hardware and electronics installation shouldn't take 2-3 months, keep in mind that although it's easy, he must do this for many guitars and do it right. Even if it's a lie, usually that means that setting a 2-3 month ultimatum is reasonable for him to have enough time to complete the guitar and not drag it further (it's literally what I did).

Ranx

Reaction score
@ Vicious 7 I ll let you know for sure if I can get my deposit back. How long have you been waiting for your guitar ?

@ Deadnightshade. Thank you man for your great advices. You right, I will send him an email to give him an ultimatum. I want my guitar to be done by the end of the year otherwise I will seriously think to pursue him. Do you have a Siggery yourself ? How long did you wait to get yours ?

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
@ Deadnightshade. Thank you man for your great advices. You right, I will send him an email to give him an ultimatum. I want my guitar to be done by the end of the year otherwise I will seriously think to pursue him. Do you have a Siggery yourself ? How long did you wait to get yours ?

Yes I do have one. I waited about 17 months. End of the year sounds a bit optimistic, unless he's really close. January sounds more plausible to me, and February seems to be even better in terms that you have given him enough breathing room, such that "will be done soon" in absolutely no way can be more than that.

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
I was told my guitar would be "done soon, ready by February". Referencing this past February. I bought a slot from someone who was already in the queue for who-knows-how-long on 28th of June 2012.

Just an FYI for those getting "reasonable" quoted build times from him these days.

It can't be too far out now, and I did ask for some stuff he had not done before, so other builds might be simpler / quicker than mine :2c:

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Thanks! I've been waiting 29 months or so. :lol:

Yeah you definitely need to do something :lol: Your guitar will have a white beard when it's done :lol:

I was told my guitar would be "done soon, ready by February". Referencing this past February. I bought a slot from someone who was already in the queue for who-knows-how-long on 28th of June 2012.

Just an FYI for those getting "reasonable" quoted build times from him these days.

It can't be too far out now, and I did ask for some stuff he had not done before, so other builds might be simpler / quicker than mine :2c:

While changes surely add to the build time, it still seems a lot. What did you ask for?

If I were to make an educated guess, putting you a bit behind so that you wait a "reasonable" build time (although you just bought a slot and were hoping to get it faster) could mean enough time to forward other builds. Well, why there are there are then people like Vicious7 that should have bought a freaking wine bottle to age with the build, I don't know. For once certainly don't wait much more than that.

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
Is this BRJ?

I don't even want my Siggerys anymore.
I'm unloading them asap (if they ever materialize).
Even if they play well I won't be happy with them because of this experience.

I asked for different pickups,Lace and Painkillers and SS frets, everything else was "already cut" and couldn't be changed, implying the body was near complete and the neck was already in process...for both builds. That was said a year ago.

')