Siggery guitars

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ranx

Reaction score
Next week I have an appointment with a lawyer to see my rights. Enough of all this bullshit !! I WANT MY MONEY BACK !!!!

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
If it's not in poor taste to do so I'll post them, but I guess if it is, then mods can just delete it.
Screenshot_2014-11-27-05-35-0_edit_1417158911947.png.jpeg

Screenshot_2014-11-27-05-34-5_edit_1417158799553.png.jpeg

6 guitars a month :lol: :rofl:

So he's trying to say that he's delivered 72 guitars in 2014…. I just did a quick search and couldn't find 1 NGD from a new owner in 2014. Now granted maybe I missed one or at the most 2, I understand not everyone will post NGD's, there are maybe customers outside of here but .... me that's such bullshit. I'm so passionate about the issue because I've been there and it sucks, BRJ has $600 of my cash (Nothing compared to other folks here) Marty continually bullshitted me throughout my build about getting the top piece…. at the time I believed it 'Oh maybe he can't get the spalted piece that I'm after' 'He's polite and at least he's giving me an update' but afterwards he continued to quote 6 week build timeframes to new customers and that's when I knew something was up…..

NEW CUSTOMERS - DO NOT GIVE THIS GUY YOUR MONEY

EXISTING CUSTOMERS - Email him asking for pics of where your build is at and don't take any excuse as an answer

Ranx

Reaction score
I have sent tons of message but still the same bullshit " bla bla bla next week or bla bla bla next month "

We MUST react guys ! Remember Invictus and Bernie Rico. Nuff said.

MrTeatime

Reaction score
Guitars are actually built and sent to people, some people on this very site got guitars from Marty in the last few weeks/months

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen a few in this thread but not 6 per month…. He's still delivering guitars but at snails pace.

He needs to stop taking orders at this point and catch up.

Danny Husk

Reaction score
I've seen a few in this thread but not 6 per month…. He's still delivering guitars but at snails pace.

:agreed: This. Hold off on taking new orders. Send out realistic time quotes to those waiting and stop beating around the bush with excuses. It's amazing what a little HONESTY will get you these days.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Am I so jaded that none of this strikes me as anything unusual? It seems that most of the luthiers we hear about on here have little communication and build times over 2.5 years, irrespective of what the quote was. Mind you, I'm not disagreeing with what anyone has said. I just don't think it's unusual. At this point I am mostly concerned about getting my guitar (eventually) and having it be what I ordered. I've just come to accept incredibly long build times and poor communication from most luthiers. :shrug:

Matte

Reaction score
6 guitars a month :lol: :rofl:

So he's trying to say that he's delivered 72 guitars in 2014…. I just did a quick search and couldn't find 1 NGD from a new owner in 2014. Now granted maybe I missed one or at the most 2, I understand not everyone will post NGD's, there are maybe customers outside of here but .... me that's such bullshit. I'm so passionate about the issue because I've been there and it sucks, BRJ has $600 of my cash (Nothing compared to other folks here) Marty continually bullshitted me throughout my build about getting the top piece…. at the time I believed it 'Oh maybe he can't get the spalted piece that I'm after' 'He's polite and at least he's giving me an update' but afterwards he continued to quote 6 week build timeframes to new customers and that's when I knew something was up…..

NEW CUSTOMERS - DO NOT GIVE THIS GUY YOUR MONEY

EXISTING CUSTOMERS - Email him asking for pics of where your build is at and don't take any excuse as an answer

I understand that you are angry as well as some others on here but you have a few exaggerations in here.

- I can think of 2 or three people off the top of my head that posted NGDs here, I will say yes 6 is a bit of an exaggeration but he is still making progress.

-I have never heard of anyone being quoted a 6 week timeframe. Myself for instance he said it would take 6 months (of course it took way longer) but the guitar has been shipped and he is delivering on the contract.

-While you have been burned with BRJ, you can't compare apples to oranges, they are two different companies, two different people.

For new customers, yes the build times he quotes are unrealistic and you should keep that in mind that it will probably take, at the very minimum, a year to get your axe.

For old customers, rather than trying to fight to get your money back, (which will cost money in lawyers, and an insane amount of time), I would recommend keeping in contact with Marty, keep a good relationship, keep getting updates (even if you don't believe them) and wait for the build to be done. A legal battle will probably cost you more time and money than your deposit is worth. At least this way, even if you move on to other things, you will get a guitar at some point and you can then turn around and sell it to get your money out of it if you so choose. Or, as I said in an earlier post, you sell your build spot.

MrTeatime

Reaction score

Maybe there are some secret guitar players who aren't registered here and who ordered from him.
I'm pretty sure there are more than 73,902 guitar players in the world, but I could be wrong.

Ranx

Reaction score
For old customers, rather than trying to fight to get your money back, (which will cost money in lawyers, and an insane amount of time), I would recommend keeping in contact with Marty, keep a good relationship, keep getting updates (even if you don't believe them) and wait for the build to be done. A legal battle will probably cost you more time and money than your deposit is worth. At least this way, even if you move on to other things, you will get a guitar at some point and you can then turn around and sell it to get your money out of it if you so choose. Or, as I said in an earlier post, you sell your build spot.

I understand what you mean. But I m not doing this for the money anymore. I know that I will spend a lot of money and time in this situation but how can I trust a liar ? Some people here are waiting their guitar for nearly 3 years !!!! And some other customers got their guitar build in 12 months. How come ? How can it be possible ? It is not my fault if is swamped by work. He should quotes the real time to his customers. I ve been quoted 4-6 months and it s been 18 months now.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
I had a look on his Facebook… there have been 10 guitars posted so far this year, it's not quite 66 is it ;) that's my point.

I'll make it clear that I personally believe everyone here will EVENTUALLY get a guitar however prepare to wait YEARS for it unless you get lucky and he's able to get yours done in conduction with an older builds materials. My initial deposit was placed in March 2012. The person now in line has a pic of the top and that's it at this stage :shrug: coming up to 3 years with a pic of the top to show for it :noway:

I know for a fact that people were getting quoted 6 weeks by Marty however this was years ago…. If he's quoting 6 months now at least that's a bit better but still unacceptable.

Anyways I'll jump out of this thread. I don't have a horse in this race anymore…. Just trying to warn people :wavey:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
-While you have been burned with BRJ, you can't compare apples to oranges, they are two different companies, two different people.

If it happened to Bernie it could most definitely happen here. Bernie at least had an established reputation of delivering decent-to-awesome guitars for more than half a decade. Siggery doesn't even have that!

ikarus

Reaction score
-I have never heard of anyone being quoted a 6 week timeframe. Myself for instance he said it would take 6 months (of course it took way longer) but the guitar has been shipped and he is delivering on the contract.

:wavey: I was quoted 6 weeks. After asking him if this really is doable he responded with: "Yes, you will have your guitar in 6 weeks". Needless to say that didnt happen.

Anyways I'll jump out of this thread. I don't have a horse in this race anymore…. Just trying to warn people :wavey:

I tried that too, but some people dont want to face it.

Homer3005

Reaction score
So i sent him a mail some minutes ago, lets have a look if i get a reply within the next time.

animalwithin

Reaction score
As others have eluded to, those of us who've had good experiences with Marty have kind of checked out of this thread and are enjoying our instruments and keeping busy, at least I am (currently in grad school). Its unfortunate you guys are having a hard time. As I've mentioned in the past I had nothing but a great experience with Marty. After horrible flops with BRJ and Acacia, Marty was the only one who answered all my emails, gave me the best price, and was always very communicative. The guitar took over a year to build (I think nearly two years) but i never asked for a specific time frame, I gave him my specs and told him to have at it. Marty always answered my emails, never took over a week to reply and I got a few build update pics. I LOVE my Siggery, it looks amazing and plays and feels amazing (I have the black and white V) and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Marty is a one man show and he outsources one painting guy, at least back when he was building my guitar so its expected that builds will take a long time. This was my experience with Marty; I'm not condoning any "wrongs" he's done, if any, but if he is taking a long time delivering instruments, its expected, even if he says "I'll have it in X amount of time" and it turns out to be twice as long. So that's my take, hope you guys get your guitars! n:metal: :shred:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
After horrible flops with BRJ and Acacia, Marty was the only one who answered all my emails, gave me the best price, and was always very communicative.

Ha, in other words, after experiencing what are possibly the two worst examples of customer service in the guitar world, the next-most terrible guy seemed really great by comparison. Seriously man, how are you choosing your luthiers?

Danny Husk

Reaction score
This was my experience with Marty; I'm not condoning any "wrongs" he's done, if any, but if he is taking a long time delivering instruments, its expected, even if he says "I'll have it in X amount of time" and it turns out to be twice as long

Fair enough, but for the guys on here staring at near 3 years that's almost 20x longer than the quoted 8 weeks.

Latest posts

')