*sigh* Schecter Loomis?

• Thread starter Grack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grack

Tr00 and Kvlt
Reaction score
For some reason, I really want one of these :scratch: I've even stood at a chalkboard scribbling down intimidating nonsense calculations that covered the entire board two times over to figure out why, but I can't.

So I might as well ask you dudes because I know at least one of you has one. I made a trip down to good ol' GC but they did have one in store to fondle in my clammy hands. I did however, grope some Schecter 8 string, and didn't find the neck overwhelmingly fat like I had gathered, it actually felt... good. :ugh:

Anyway, what can you, various internet detectives, tell me about these guitars? Good, bad, yes, no, buy one, pass on it look for something else... ?

Much obliged, comrades. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

James C

EBMM User
Reaction score
Depends on how much you enjoy upper fret access. I find that unless you have 10" inch fingers, it'll be hard to reach past the 20/21st fret.
Other than that, it's not bad.

LoopQuantum

Reaction score
I have a Black FR. It's my cheapest 7, and one of my favorites. Fat, chunky neck that feels REALLY good compared to my Prestige Ibby (2127z), and the maple board and frets feel great. Trem, setup from the factory, was exactly right, though I blocked it for dive only and added a DTuna so I could minimize guitar changes at gigs. It has a snap and rasp that none of my other 7s have...and I'm not even a huge EMG fan. LOVE this guitar.

Mine:

545512_3582057796641_321639521_n.jpg

Yooxa

Reaction score
I ****ing love mine :D The neck is so comfortable, just about the perfect thickness

otisct20

Reaction score
My friend has one and it plays very very well but we both agree that the neck makes our hands cramp up. Its a well made guitar though and if the neck suits you then its pure win.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Depends on taste. I don't have small nor huge hands but I love the necks on all Schecters. They're a really good quality buy honestly. Never had an issue with any of mine. My latest edition is a V-1 ATX ( switched to passive pickups) and they all sound massive and clear. Insane resonance even when tuned to like Drop G.

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
I haven't played but 2 seven string guitars, one was a cheaper Ibby, silver. (don't remember the model, but it was about 10 years ago) That Ibby wasn't all that great, but the Loomis....

The Loomis is a fantastic instrument. I have the Vampyre red satin FR model, like the one in the picture above, but in the red.

I love the maple fretboard. They are prolly my favorite. Though I haven't tried the carbon epoxy yet.

My hands aren't huge, but they are rather large for someone my size, (about 5 foot 5 inches) I don't really seem to have an issue anywhere on the neck, including the upper registers.

It has a unique sound.

For the price, I hear its one of the better 7 string options out.

It isn't a small neck by any means, but I kinda like it.

Hope that helps.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
I own one and I am madly in love with it well past the honeymoon phase. Guitar plays great and the neck really doesn't feel like the traditional Schecter neck.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I loved my Loomis. I only got rid of mine because I went custom.

zhangshred

Reaction score
Neck definitely doesn't feel like that of most Schecters, in a good way (almost got a C7 custom before I got Loomis). I've got small hands, and the neck feels really, really comfortable. The cutaway does suck, as previously mentioned, and I'm not a fan of the EMGs. BUT, if you can find the right person to take the EMGs off your hands, you could get a crunchlab/liquifire set without really spending much money

Zado

Reaction score
.I did however, grope some Schecter 8 string, and didn't find the neck overwhelmingly fat like I had gathered, it actually felt... good. :ugh:
That's proly because you are a monster with huge and deformed hands and with no sense of proportion at all:noway:

Kiddin of course man,but you know,when so many rumors and sometimes false myths like this travel the web via forums,it happens that false things may,somehow,turn out to be true for everyone,without even a single doubt.

')