Signal problem!

Reaction score
I have a problem with my guitar signal, when i play the volume wavers a lot, and i get this really unnatural fuzz, without having distortion or overdrive on. the problem is probably generated because of my jack, i already tightened up the jack making sure the wires don't cut or anything, i have brand new cables so they can't be the problem, the jack's on my pedal can't be the problem 'cause i already tried out playing without it, just straight up, 1 cable from amp to guitar, and i get the same issue, the amp isn't the problem as well, i tried on the input, and on the emulated line in and still i get the same issue.

What can i do? I'm really a noob when it comes to solving my guitar issues such as this one.
sorry if i have grammar issues, english isn't my mother tongue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maruzen

Reaction score
have you tried plugging in another working guitar to your amp just to rule out if the amp is the problem?

otherwise try plugging in the guitar into another amp just to rule out if the guitar is the source of the problem. if it is, maybe something in the guitar wiring is the issue.

Overtone

Reaction score
It's probably a bad connection somewhere in the guitar but it could also be interference from something in the room. Cell phones, computers, and even the lights can be a source of noise (although in this case it's almost certainly not the lights). If your cell phone makes that typical noise (you know the one) through the guitar it's not that either, but I noticed that some smart phones cause a different sounding interference.

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
Do you have a multi-meter? If no, buy one. It's only a few bucks.

You can check ALL of your guitar electronics including your signal chain like cables and pedals.

That you can easily find out which component causing the problem.

spadz93

Reaction score
check grounds in the guitar, especially the 3rd pin to the right on the volume pot (make sure its got a good solder point on the pot body). sounds like a grounding issue somewhere in the guitar. try another guitar, see if the problem remains

DespoticOrder

Slave Driver
Reaction score
If there is a problem with the electronics, there's a chance you might be able to just eyeball it. Look for loose connections in the back cavity or for excessive corrosion. Especially on the ground wire, because I'm thinking that its going to be the prime suspect.

EDIT: Also take a look at the wires on your input jack. I'm not sure if you looked at the inside or just tightened it, but it would usually be pretty obvious if something shady is going on with it.