Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Smooth, Great Tasting Soy Beverages | Silk Soy Beverage Canada

Has anyone on the board tried this? I don't think I'm the only vegan on here and I'm sure at least one of you is lactose intolerant.

I have been using Silk for the longest time but I figured I'd give it a whirl since it's new. I haven't really found a chocolate milk I can drink without being disgusted, but I can honestly say the True Almond chocolate milk is the best one I've ever tasted. It's fucking delicious.

I use the regular True Almond in my cereal and it's so good. Silk is my favorite soy milk and this True Almond tastes even better. I really hope they continue making it and I'm not the only one buying it. I feel like it always happens to me. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pac1085

Reaction score
Its ok, I don't see the point in drinking it though....it has pretty much no protein compared to cows milk or soy milk.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Milk implies the existence of a teet, this is just juice. :lol:

/Stolen Joke

Reaction score
That's almond milk, actually, and I use it instead of regular milk. If you have that shit with granola, it's amazing

That's kind of implied in the name of it. I just call it soy milk out of habit.

Pac, I still consume regular soy milk for the protein and whatnot, I just like the taste of a tall glass of milk straight from the almond's teet. :lol:

Max, if there is one person I can tolerate hearing a joke from in this thread, it's you. Anyone else will be reported.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
I drink soy 'milk' due to being lactose intolerant but have not tried this. I cannot eat nuts due to oxalate content however.

As far as protien content in milk goes, you cannot beat real milk, the protien spectrum of vegetables/soy is not nearly so good. You pretty much need an extra 1/2 as much to make up for the lack of chain diversity in vegetables to create usable equivilents.

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
That chocolate almond milk is absolutely delicious. First time I had it I felt sick because I drank a quart in about 30 seconds :D

dantel666

Reaction score
ive had almond milk before. I use vanilla for my tea, and i just drink the chocolate because it is pretty tasty.

Reaction score
As far as protien content in milk goes, you cannot beat real milk

While this is true, I make up for it in other meals. I don't milk gross because I am vegan, I generally find milk udderly disgusting.

I just had a huge glass of the chocolate almond milk with a vegan cinnamon bun. Fuck, give me more!

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
I'm not vegetarian, or lactose intolerant, but I drink soy milk almost exclusively. I really don't like Silk though, I think they try too hard to taste like real milk. Get Asian-imported soy milk...much tastier.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I like Silk a lot... it's the first soy milk i tried that wasn't all watery and gross. I tried the Almond stuff a while ago and really like it. Who knew they could make milk from almonds? (or "juice" as the case may be) ;)

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Organic Valley used to make a great chocolate soymilk, but they discontinued it about two or three years ago.

I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but I do get exposed to a lot of these products, and some of them are really good. I can understand wanting something approaching the taste and mouth feel of milk.

I got away from drinking soymilk on a regular basis due to a few studies on its estrogenic properties. If it's a choice between hormones from regular milk and estrogen from soymilk, I'll take almond milk or organic dairy milk. *laugh*

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
While this is true, I make up for it in other meals. I don't milk gross because I am vegan, I generally find milk udderly disgusting.

I just had a huge glass of the chocolate almond milk with a vegan cinnamon bun. Fuck, give me more!

Not a fan of milk either, except for cereal. Cheese on the other hand.... Old cheese is practically lactose free too.

ivancic1al

Probrem?
Reaction score
I got away from drinking soymilk on a regular basis due to a few studies on its estrogenic properties. If it's a choice between hormones from regular milk and estrogen from soymilk, I'll take almond milk or organic dairy milk. *laugh*

Hmmm so wait...

Soy milk + Dude drinking soy milk = :shannon2:

curious... :lol:

ry_z

Ikebana Noise Club
Reaction score
No, dude, it just means that I don't have to shave if I drink enough soy milk regularly.

And I get a little emotional.

Maybe if you chugged a few dozen gallons a day for a few years. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')