Similar headstocks to Skervesen Raptor

• Thread starter Tech Wrath
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tech Wrath

Reaction score
As the title says, are there other places that make a headstock similar to the Skervesen Raptor's? Thanks :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I heard there's this small startup that does a similar headstock, dunno if anyone's heard of them though.

I think they're named Blackmachine?

:fawk:

If you're talking about the guitar I think you're talking about, then yeah, it's basically a copy of the Blackmachine headstock. Which itself is a copy of the Parker headstock. :lol:

I think Blackwater uses a similar headstock.

Tech Wrath

Reaction score
I heard there's this small startup that does a similar headstock, dunno if anyone's heard of them though.

I think they're named Blackmachine?

:fawk:

If you're talking about the guitar I think you're talking about, then yeah, it's basically a copy of the Blackmachine headstock. Which itself is a copy of the Parker headstock. :lol:

I think Blackwater uses a similar headstock.

Thanks! I remember seeing blackmachine somewhere and thought it was a raptor but some special model :lol:
Never heard of Blackwater guitars but they look interesting. Do you know how good they are etc?

diablo_man

Reaction score
Dont forget the Ormsby Hypemachines

Robhype14pic12.jpg

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Ormsby Hypemachine production run? Check the dealers section :yesway:

Masoo2

Reaction score
Thought it was based off of a B.C. Rich...

But yeah. Ormsbys, blackmachines, and basically anyone else that makes a blackmachine style guitar.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
The only part that's "Blackmachine" about those headstocks would be the fact that it runs the strings over a gap, which Doug was absolutely not the first guy to do.

Also, Tech Wrath- I don't think there's such a thing as a "Raptor headstock". They're semi-customs and you can get all their headstocks matched with all the body shapes.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
The only part that's "Blackmachine" about those headstocks would be the fact that it runs the strings over a gap, which Doug was absolutely not the first guy to do.

I guess the other thing is that the guitars are made to look like Blackmachines in an effort to rip them off, hence the the strings over the gap, which Doug was absolutely not the first guy to do.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
^Yeah, we've definitely seen some "inspired styles". Thin RG/Soloist shapes with that beveled miniature forearm contour cutting into the binding. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I not so much. Stinnett's was very attractive and it deviated from the BM formula on a few key points that I liked a lot.

Tech Wrath

Reaction score

Also, Tech Wrath- I don't think there's such a thing as a "Raptor headstock". They're semi-customs and you can get all their headstocks matched with all the body shapes.

I didn't really mean it as the "Raptor headstock" but rather the standard headstock found on most Skervesen Raptors but thanks for the info everyone!

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score

Except they're blatant Blackmachine clones/rip off. You can't sugar-coat something thats a copy made for the purpose of cashing in on the Blackmachine hype when they were in huge demand. It is what it is. The whole idea behind the Raptor is that it was a Blackmachine but with a few of their own changes so it wasn't like the Terrormachine they did which originally they got a lot of negativity over. Look back through this forum and they're FB posts from a few years ago. It explains everything.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Actually its a Viper headstock ;). I should I know, I've owned the original for the past 3 years haha. I bought it from my friend who bought it from Musza who designed it with Skerversen.

It's obviously extremely BM/Parker inspired. Originally they were all done like mine, and then they Reversed it which is even more like a BM. That version seems to be the more common and popular one. I prefer my way, reminds me of a fish hooked Parker headstock.

Original "acceptance post" for when they decided to include it in their headstock catalog https://www.facebook.com/skervesenguitars/posts/298916043552887

Picture of mine.
9052218492_53472a4b2d_h.jpg

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Except they're blatant Blackmachine clones/rip off. You can't sugar-coat something thats a copy made for the purpose of cashing in on the Blackmachine hype when they were in huge demand. It is what it is. The whole idea behind the Raptor is that it was a Blackmachine but with a few of their own changes so it wasn't like the Terrormachine they did which originally they got a lot of negativity over. Look back through this forum and they're FB posts from a few years ago. It explains everything.

Dude, I know... That's what I'm getting at in the next post. In the first one I'm talking about the headstocks only. None of Skervesen's have any lines or curves in common with the BM headstock (except for the Terrormachine, yes), and are only conceptually similar in that they have that gap, which is not a BM invention.

Reaction score
As the title says, are there other places that make a headstock similar to the Skervesen Raptor's? Thanks :metal:

Blackwater guitars. They are custom so it probably takes about a year to get one just like skervesen.

Attachments

• gWWQLPQ.jpg
    gWWQLPQ.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 27
')