Singing > Screaming/Growling?

• Thread starter toolsound
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Rammstein, Till Lindemann doesn't growl, he just has an extremely deep voice when he sings.:hbang:

Dream Theater, Symphony X, Jag Panzer, Firewind, Queensrÿche.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Arteriorrhexis

Reaction score
Actually... Architects does a great job both singing and screaming.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I would like the screaming style more if it leaned more toward being discernible and melodic, maybe something like Jon Oliva's style:

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Rammstein, Till Lindemann doesn't growl, he just has an extremely deep voice when he sings.:hbang:

Dream Theater, Symphony X, Jag Panzer, Firewind, Queensrÿche.

:agreed:

Don't forget Zak-era Savatage. What I always liked about him was a really deep, not thin at all, voice in power metal. Also, Criss Oliva was a fucking god on guitar. Every kid has their EVH or Dimebag moments, mine was this guy.

Armored Saint a good mention as well, Bush has a killer voice.... or how about Chuck Billy? The more I think about it, this thread is gay. Go listen to more metal, OP. :squint:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I'm into both.

I love the guttural vocals of Earl Ruwell (Into The Moat) but then I also love the crooning of Eric Kalsbeek (Textures).

in fact, most of my favourite bands have both, Opeth, Scar Symmetry, Textures, Sikth and Strapping Young Lad as examples.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Because I'd wager that the people who actually like Warrel's vocals are a fairly small minority.

you'd be surprised, the topic has been covered before and it was discovered that there are a notable amount of people who enjoy his vocals.

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
I can say for certain that i would like Nevermore if it werent for his nasty vocals. While i appreciate singers that can sing and scream i cant stand the high pitched clean vocals.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
you'd be surprised, the topic has been covered before and it was discovered that there are a notable amount of people who enjoy his vocals.

Warrel Dane is fuckin' amazing. He's got the power of Dickinson, the swoon of Tate, and yet sounds fantastically demented and evil throughout.

toolsound

Reaction score
I, personally, don't mind that Nevemore has clean vocals, I just don't care for the tone of Warrel's voice, or his lyrics.

I still love Nevermore, but it's mainly because of Jeff Loomis.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Warrel Dane is fuckin' amazing. He's got the power of Dickinson, the swoon of Tate, and yet sounds fantastically demented and evil thought.

word! :agreed:

I, personally, don't mind that Nevemore has clean vocals, I just don't care for the tone of Warrel's voice, or his lyrics.

I still love Nevermore, but it's mainly because of Jeff Loomis.

I know what you mean about his lyrics man, some of them are pretty atrocious :ugh:

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
How do you guys deal with cymbals or guitar solos? They're sooo high pitched :rolleyes:

Is that the best you can do? Everytime i have said i dont like Warrels vocals someone has always had a stupid ass comment that pretty much says my opinion doesnt matter if its not on par with theirs. His singing SUCKS in MY opinion, you can agree or disagree just dont say something stupid about cymbals and guitar solos being high pitched:idea:

troyguitar

Reaction score
You might not like his singing, but suck it does not.

You complained about the high pitches in particular... how is it a leap to ask why you don't mind other high pitches?

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
I would think high pitch singing is a little different than a cymbal or a guitar solo. Maybe thats just me?

')