Singing two notes at once

• Thread starter GJaunz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
woah!
that must take some practice. I remember when I could humm and whistle at the same time.

Murmel

Reaction score
One time when a friend of mine was sick, he could sing a power chord (prime and 5th) in a super low register. It sounded pretty wicked.
That same day he could also do octaves, I have the recording of it somewhere.

GJaunz

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for listening everybody!

I've seen that Ghengis blues thing, pretty sweet. I first got into singing overtones because I went to go see the Dali Lama speak, and his "opening act" was a Tuvan throat singer that accompanied himself with a guitar-like instrument like the one the dude from Ghengis Blues plays. I was pretty blown away, so I started working on the technique myself.

GJaunz

Reaction score
I love Alice in Chains, I used to listen to their self-titled album all the time back in the day :). I'm afraid the reference here is escaping me though, did Lane Staley use overtone singing?

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
I love Alice in Chains, I used to listen to their self-titled album all the time back in the day :). I'm afraid the reference here is escaping me though, did Lane Staley use overtone singing?

nah, he wants you to sing the harmonies at the same time

rikomaru

Reaction score
dude that is slick. have you tried using your tongue for vibrato, then adding that motion to the vocal vibrato you normally use? it seems like something incredibly difficult to do, but you can obviously already do more than i can haha

Rizzo

Reaction score
I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but check out Area's Demetrio Stratos. His vocal chords were abnormal though.

patata

7 heaven
Reaction score
2121991-4876696414_d3f62d18be_z.jpg

GJaunz

Reaction score
Thanks a lot everybody!!

I haven't tried incorporating vibrato with the tongue, but the tongue is needed to shape the overtones (same way you change pitch while whistling), so it would probably be tough to pull off.

Thanks for posting those other overtone singers. Christian Bollmann is AMAZING! I'm going to check out more of his stuff, certainly gives me something to aspire to :).

LOL, patata, nah I just play one on tv :p

GJaunz

Reaction score
Cool :). I know the sound you're talking about, I can do it a little bit myself. I'll probably do a video on it once I get a little better at it myself.

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
Ive always been able to do a power chord but I wouldn't call it singing :D

I get the low note going roughly then falsetto the 5th............sounds retarded though, this is why I don't sing at all, I can't ;)

')