Single Guitar Live Channel Switching

geohuete

Reaction score
Hey guys.
So i've been having this question about how I would play live, as I am the only guitarist in the band, to have the effect of switching channels live from left to right?

Ex:
Right PA Speaker
0-0-------0-0
Left PA SPeaker
-----0-0-------0-0 ... and so on

Kind of like a delay? But switching channels. Currently I just use one of the fx on my pod to do this, so I play a riff *stomp* riff *stomp* riff etc, to get the sound to go from left to right.
Its a lot like The Acacia Strain or Veil of Maya, the way Marc switches channels during breakdowns etc.
Sorry if this is a newb question, i'm just curious how else I would do it without using my pod?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Betterlaidplans

Lurker Extraordinair
Reaction score
A delay with stereo outs would probably handle that. Just set the tempo you're looking for and you won't have to do anything once you kick it on. Its usually called ping-pong delay.

geohuete

Reaction score
I found a pedal called the Cabbone. Only downside is that it's wicked expensive ($300).
I was looking for something more around the price of a simple a/by pedal. Also, the Cabbone doesn't have a "dual" cab function, only one or the other.
Got any other ideas that I could use? Maybe like an output switcher between either cab or dual thing lol
Thanks in advance.

')