Single I produced! For fans of dillinger/scale PROG!

• Thread starter Kylezan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kylezan

Reaction score
Guitars:
Ibanez 6 string in standard
Countryman DI
Reamped through Blackstar series one 100
DIY reamp box
used effects from guitar rig 5 and pod hd pro

Bass:
5 string warwick
grace m101 Pre
countryman DI
reamped through sansamp RBI
ampeg 8x10 impulses

Drums:
Superior

Let me know what you guys think, they will be releasing the whole EP shortly check them out on fb: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arguing-Semantics/324276930826

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kroaton

Reaction score
The best chunks of Dillinger and STS combined.

Find a vocalist and start rolling in the champagne/chick filled pools, cuz' this shit is good.

XplosivduX

Reaction score
Oh man I dig this so much, mix sounds soooooo good, drums are a little bit plastic-y, maybe get some sheen on the toms, kick, snare? I'm guessing but maybe a 2-3db half octave para around 6khz and a smaller wider boost on the snare? don't go on my word alone though, one of my monitors has blown and I can't hear shit xD try it out and see :S

Kylezan

Reaction score
I think i just needed to add a little more room to the drums! I wanted a little more crack in the snare but i was also trying to keep this mix really "gritty" without making it "dirty"

callankirk

Reaction score
I would tone down the drums a tad and sweeten 'em up a bit. Try lowering the snare volume, squish its nuts off and throw a nice room/plate verb on it. You may want to consider cutting the bass a few db's around 3-4kHz also. Otherwise sounds killer!

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
I really like the guitar tone for the style, but I think it deserves a bit more room in the mix compared to the drums. Killer song.

Kylezan

Reaction score
I would tone down the drums a tad and sweeten 'em up a bit. Try lowering the snare volume, squish its nuts off and throw a nice room/plate verb on it. You may want to consider cutting the bass a few db's around 3-4kHz also. Otherwise sounds killer!

That is exactly what i hear now too. THanks for the good advice!

taysil11

Reaction score
i would lower the cymbal volume but compress them a bit for about 200ms-300ms in the attack and then release it. they linger just a hair long. but yeah man super tight!

markgov

Reaction score
Guitars could have been played better imo and the mix could sound "Bigger". Maybe something to do with your master chain?

anibawl

Reaction score
When doing the drums with superior drummer, did you go in and write every midi note, or did you trigger some electric drums?

Kylezan

Reaction score
Guitars could have been played better imo and the mix could sound "Bigger". Maybe something to do with your master chain?

Possibly might have been the way i master. I primarily use the L2 and it tends to eat up space.

anibawl

Reaction score
Unfortunately i wrote in every damn note.

Social life is non existent at that point.

Ah... I've done that too, even when triggering an acoustic set I have to go back in and note the cymbals... Fills are what I have a hard time with since I'm not a drummer. Song sounds awesome though!

Kylezan

Reaction score
Drums are way way up there, and the guitars being squishy gives them nothing to back the drums up with.

This is what i need help with. What would you suggest?

My guitar chain is just a 57 into my grace m101.

Just some EQ and stereo widening.

')