Singlecut 7-String solution?

• Thread starter jforsythe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Agreed - you could land planes in those waves. I've seen entire mountain ranges that are less dramatic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
Now this is gorgeous...

:eek:

That is one of the nicest tops I have ever seen. I think that has every type of exotic figure that maple can have, short of spalting. I know I saw birdseye, flame, quilt, and burl in there.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
noodles said:
:eek:

That is one of the nicest tops I have ever seen. I think that has every type of exotic figure that maple can have, short of spalting. I know I saw birdseye, flame, quilt, and burl in there.

I believe that's what they call "wild" maple, where all the different figuring comes out of one log. Apparently it's rather expensive...

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
What a crazy top!

At any rate, if the necks on the Schecters bother you, why not strip it down and shave it to fit what you like? There's enough material there. It'd end up being way cheaper than going with a ground-up custom build. A C-7 Blackjack with the Duncan JB-7 and '59-7 seems like a pretty good Les Paul substitute (though the extended scale takes a bit of the 'honk' out of the LP sound, which is largely a result of the mahogany and 24 3/4" scale.)

')