Six string player going to a seven, need Recommendations.

• Thread starter sirCrunch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sirCrunch

( ° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Reaction score
Hello there, I've been contemplating purchasing a seven string guitar and I would just like to get some recommendations on a cheap but good quality seven string guitar! thanks in advance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
id say a ibanez 7321. ive seen them for $200-250.

i did have a washburn that i picked up for $150 when i first started, but i didnt like the neck cause it was big & round

good luck with your search.

acauseforpatric

Reaction score
This all kind of depends on your price range. You can get a used ibby 7321 or 7320 for $250-$350 depending on how lucky you are. Or the slightly nicer version in the 7621/7620 for probably closer to $500. But if you are looking to buy new you really can't go wrong with the Sterling by Music Man JP70 for $629 street price.

rekab

Reaction score
I've picked up more than one RG7321 well under $200. With a proper setup/fret dress these are phenomenal guitars for the price. Keep your eye on craigslist/eBay and I'm sure you'll be able to find one for a great deal. If it was minty I'd pay up to about $250 for one but I suggest trying to find one cheaper and have money left over for some great pickups.

Edit- just realized you may not be from the USA. Prices elsewhere are typically higher but its still a great guitar on a budget

SammerX

Reaction score
Any of the older japanese RG7s (7621, 7620, 7421, 7420) are good bets. There are enough out there that it should be easy to find one. Even better if you can find one with a pickup swap already done- shouldn't raise the price on it too much (if at all). Worth the extra effort to find one over a 7321 or the other variants.

Kharem

Reaction score
Have a look at some 2nd hand ones and give them a go first, as much as I would like to say go with something cheap as chips like a 7321, 421 or agile, if you get a shit one they might turn you off 7's in general, try find a 2nd hand mid range kind of thing, there is lots of interesting stuff floating around and you can get some pretty great guitars for a decent price if you look around. My first was an rga7, by no means a good guitar, but with a pickup swap was decent enough for me to genuinely enjoy playing it and spark some creativity and was a good guitar to start with.
Just have a look around and try some stuff out, but the only thing i can say is getting one of the cheapest you can find just because its your first might not be the best idea.

')