Size of the Samsung Galaxy S2

samu

Reaction score
My old phone got jacked on a trip a month ago so I'm on the market for a new one. People say I should get the S2 if I'm getting an android, but I'm not sure if the big scale is the greatest.

So I was wondering if anyone owns this phone and can assure me that adjusting to the width is easier than I'm making it out to be? I've always owned an iPod touch so maybe that's affecting my perception of the S2...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
it is indeed big, but it doesn't feel like it when you have it in your pocket since it's so ridiculously slim. i used to have an iPhone 3G, and although it feels smaller in your hand, it feels bigger and heavier in your pocket than the sgs2.

if you have medium/big hands, the sgs2 is still small operate the entire screen with your thumb while resting on your palm+fingers. i can imagine people with small hands having issues with the sgs2, though.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
My brother just got one of these, awesome phone.

I'm pretty burned though, I try to stay reasonably current on tech and the dick one-up's my HTC Incredible, packing in his old as shit Nokia 3315 for the S2 just because he's the only one at work who can't get youtube on a sleek, wanky smart phone.

mountainjam

Reaction score
If its anything like the new galaxy tab, ide avoid it like the plague. I just bought one, total POS.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recently got a Samsung Infuse, which is even bigger than the S2 and I adjusted to it quickly.

This is my second Samsung smartphone (first being a Galaxy S Captivate), and can't say enough good things about them. The feel, quality, and features trump my fiances HTC EVO and my mother's Moto Atrix in my opinion.

Also, from what I've seen (and this is 100% anecdotal) Samsung battery life is superior to that off all major Android competitors with similarly spec'd devices.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
I think 4" is about right for a phone. I think the S2 is 4.3". The main thing isn't the screen size but the overall phone size itself. I can't see many women buying an S2 for instance. This is why I'm hoping the iPhone 5 has a 4" screen but delivers on the rumours of an 'edge to edge' screen so that the overall size of the phone isn't necessarily much taller/wider than the iPhone 4.

Q3 hurry uppppp.

P.S the S2 has been out a while here, Samsung doesn't like you!

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
going on a year with the samsung fascinate and i am pretty happy with this phone. fells fine in my hands.

')