Ska?

• Thread starter scottro202
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm mostly a 3rd wave ska fan, but love 2nd wave as well. I honestly haven't looked into anything older than that.

And I'd almost argue we're in the middle of a 4th wave (Streetlight Manifesto, Ninjaspy, any other cross-breed ska bands with other genres mixed in, not to mention the stuff going on in Japan).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
This ain't ska! :scream: This is poppy ska-punk goddamit!
[sarcasm]This ain't ska! :scream: This is poppy ska-pop goddamnit![/sarcasm]

Eh, it's all music. Most of it's good music. Genres are bunk. :coffee:

PS: First wave is awesome. I'm not going to say it's the best, because that's not a call I can make. It is my favourite though.

noodleplugerine

Reaction score
I love ska man, when I get some anyway.

At Dour this year I saw a few people, ranging from proper mad ska, (Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra) to more poppy stuff, (Aggrolites, Babylon Circus), was good fun.

But yeah, I'll whip in one of my fave ever bands, here's some Skacore for ya.

Capdown - Ska Wars:

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Not that I claim to know the first thing about it, but - surely the stuff I posted is first wave? The stuff that inspired it and came before it isn't even CALLED ska, is it? I thought it just evolved from 60's dance-hall :shrug:

That's not me stating a fact btw, I'm asking a question :lol:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
i do enjoy me some ska :yesway:

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
Not that I claim to know the first thing about it, but - surely the stuff I posted is first wave? The stuff that inspired it and came before it isn't even CALLED ska, is it? I thought it just evolved from 60's dance-hall :shrug:

That's not me stating a fact btw, I'm asking a question :lol:

Um I'm not honestly sure!! :lol: I mean, it's ska. The specials are two-toned ska according to their wiki page,

The Specials - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

which would make them 2nd wave according to

Ska - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT: Is it weird how it seems lots of Reel Big Fish songs have relevance in my teenage boy life? She Has a Girlfriend Now, Somebody hates Me, Scott's a Dork ( :lol: ), Dateless Losers... The list goes on and on.

Also, unrelated, who here knows The Voodoo Glow Skulls? Great skacore band.

')