Skervesen Guitars?

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post in quite awhile, so I'm not sure if this is the correct section of the site. But I just had a question about Skervesen guitars. I've been through about 10 different production guitars now, and am looking to go down the custom road for my first eight string. I've been perusing YouTube for the past couple weeks looking at various companies, and have landed on Skervesen based on their design, sound and glowing reviews. I was just wondering if anyone who took the custom route through Skervesen could give me a ballpark price range before I send a quote in? Just a general amount you've paid for your axe. Thanks! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asfeir

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post on SevenString (So I'm not sure if this is the right section of the site!). But I just had a question about Skervesen guitars. I've been through about 10 different production guitars now, and am looking to go down the "custom" road for my first eight string. I've been perusing YouTube for the past couple weeks looking at various companies, and have landed on Skervesen based on their design and glowing reviews. I was just wondering if anyone who took the custom route through Skervesen could give me a ballpark price range before I send a quote in? Just a general amount you've paid for your axe. Thanks! :hbang:

If you go to their site you can actually download a quote generator that will give you a very close idea of what you will pay. There is a bit of extra to pay if you chose some rarer woods but that's it. I think it's fair to say the average price for one is around 2000-2200EUR?

Reaction score
I paid around 2,900EUR/$4,500AUD for my Raptor 7...but that was due to multiscale/buckeye burl top and some other customizations.

The base price for a Raptor 6 is 1900EU though, not including case/shipping/etc.

Erockomania

Studio Geek
Reaction score
Like other said, it depends on what you want. You can get an excel sheet from their site that will allow you to work it all out in advance.

Reaction score
Well specs-wise, I'm not looking for anything too extravagant. Mainly looking for a swamp ash body, flamed maple top, bolt on 27" neck (either maple or rosewood, whichever is cheaper/more convenient) w/ ebony fingerboard, hipshot style bridge, Bareknuckle Aftermath set for pu's, and Sperzel locking tuners. I'm tempted to try a fanned fret setup (27"-25.5") but I'm scared it'll be uncomfortable or impractical.

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
Well specs-wise, I'm not looking for anything too extravagant. Mainly looking for a swamp ash body, flamed maple top, bolt on 27" neck (either maple or rosewood, whichever is cheaper/more convenient) w/ ebony fingerboard, hipshot style bridge, Bareknuckle Aftermath set for pu's, and Sperzel locking tuners. I'm tempted to try a fanned fret setup (27"-25.5") but I'm scared it'll be uncomfortable or impractical.

Multiscale makes straight scales feel uncomfortable :wavey:

It doesn't cost anything to get a direct quote from them, fill out a spec sheet and send it in, that way you get direct pricing quotes and can alter your specs based on what you want/can afford. Your current list sounds good.