Skervesen Raptor, again!?

• Thread starter SiggyCertified
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SiggyCertified

Reaction score
Just like MetalDaze who also posted a few days ago (http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/luthiery-modifications-customizations/205785-skervesen-raptor-build.html), I too have decided to put in an order with Skervesen after seeing the wonderful terrormachine.

After a few days of back and forth through, we have finally come to terms on the build, and production is underway.

Bolt-on Righty 6 String
Tuners: Hipshot
Neck: 5-Piece Rosewood
Fretboard: Flamed Ebony
Scale: 24.69
Body: Swamp Ash
Top: Quilted Maple
Finish/Fade: White -> Light Red -> Dark Red -> Black
Binding: Ivoroid (All-throughout)
Bridge: Schaller Hannes
Pickups: BKP Blackhawks
Pots: 1 Vol, 3 way switch
Fluorescent side dots as markers only

As far as the choice in fade goes... I explained to them how I was a big fan of the fade Misha's Mayones model, but I wanted it to resemble more of a lava ember as opposed to a body of water.
CATIMG27dd50a0694901d2be49a9ebcba13e08.jpg

I'm excited to see how it'll turn out. Funny thing is, after I explained my idea to them, they told me about their Mayones history, so needless to say, I think I'm in very good hands here. :yesway:
Now, onto what you all clicked in here to really see.

dsc0003wr.jpg

dsc0005ro.jpg

dsc0011er.jpg

dsc0012ra.jpg

dsc0024mpg.jpg

CAN'T F**KING WAIT :wallbash::scream:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SiggyCertified

Reaction score
Ummm, yeah....... already?!?!?! These guys are insanely fast, and all I can do laugh at how much they've gotten done so far. I'm honestly shocked, haha.

PICS!:
Body ALREADY cut, with the top as well.
dsc0020cg.jpg

Apparently they've found out the Raptor doubles as the perfect Diet Coke holder! Lol
dsc0023r.jpg

dsc0025wx.jpg

And last but not least some binding action
dsc0028ft.jpg

dsc0033nt.jpg

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Looks great so far! The CNC definitely helps with making things go faster :)

Plus, it's not just one guy in his basement building guitars. They have several skilled people working on this and a great facility.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I love how the bevels on the body have turned out. Now I'm curious to see how your finish will look. Are you having them just paint the top or the rest of the body too?

oliviergus

Djentiver Gustafsson
Reaction score
What the... Lol its seems like they're building so fast? Do they have some sort of queue, or? :rolleyes:
And the most important thing, how expensive are they haha?

Skervesen Guitars

Reaction score
What the... Lol its seems like they're building so fast? Do they have some sort of queue, or? :rolleyes:

Hello! We're just Totally No Bullshit Company... As you red Daze's words:
...it's not just one guy in his basement building guitars. They have several skilled people working on this and a great facility.

That's why! :) If we can do something in one day - we're not telling you it took week and will cost extra... a lot!

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

And the most important thing, how expensive are they haha?

Globally it looks we're 3 times faster and ... times less expensive than the average :). FOR NOW! :lol:

Levi79

Reaction score
Man, that's some crazy time! This is going to be so awesome.

SiggyCertified

Reaction score
Okey dokey, I lied to everyone, and changed my mind, because this kind of shit happens... haha. I've decided to say, f**k color, I have enough on my other guitars... Once again I thank Skervesen for their patience with my indecisiveness and, needless to say, I am much more pleased with this result, I present to you:
dsc0001me.jpg

dsc0002rl.jpg

dsc0007te.jpg

dsc0010xk.jpg

dsc0013ea.jpg

')