Skervesen Raptor Build

• Thread starter MetalDaze
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
First off, I'd like to say that Jarek and Maciek at Skervesen have been great to work with so far. Those guys are emailing me all times of day and night to either answer questions or share ideas with me (plus they have a great sense of humor :))

I was one of the many that contacted them after seeing the Terrormachine (http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/standard-guitars/200010-ngd-terrormachine-skervesen.html).

They told me that they wouldn't do the exact guitar again, but could with some modifications. They sent me some different headstocks to look at as well as other options and what we decided on ended up being called the Raptor. Considering the headstock looks like a claw, that name suits it just fine :)

Here are the specs:

- left handed (bring on the jokes :shred:)
- 7 string
- ash body
- rosewood + ebony 5 piece neck
- ebony fretboard
- bolt on
- burl poplar top
- black binding on body
- ivoroid binding on neck/headstock
- stainless steel frets
- fluorescent side dots
- hipshot locking tuners
- hipshot bridge
- BKP warpigs (ceramic bridge/alnico neck)

They promise plenty of pictures. But for now, here's the CAD drawing of the design:

CAD.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
no jokes from me, im a lefty and cant wait to see this when its done. :metal:

:D I'm so used to getting the "it's backwards", etc jokes that I embrace it now.

I still say the best part of being lefty is that people don't try to borrow my guitars :)

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
If it looks this good now, imagine what it will look like after it has a finish on it:

DSC_0001_1.JPG

Kamin

Reaction score
That top wood reminds me of my custom's top.
index.php

Can't wait to see this build progress.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
awesome. diggin' on that top, finish?

It's getting an acrylic laquer.

I almost passed on the top when I saw the raw wood because it seemed sort of plain...different than the initial picture. But then I read a build thread from Vik showing the difference in a burl top before and after the laquer. It really brings out all of the figuring in the grain.

')