Skervesen Raptor vs Mayones Regius

MinasAvidya

Reaction score
Hey Guys..I am really interested in this..I would like to order a new 7 string and i am torned between the two major Polish Guitar companies..I have read very polarized reviews about Skervesen-some guys are claiming that the craftsmanship of Skervesen has many flaws and others that they are just amazing..on the other hand Mayones is known for it's consistency...Any guys here that have experience with both brands and can help ?? :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
If you are not interested in full custom,you can consider also Mensinger Guitars,and save good money

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
That sounds about right from the reviews I've seen also. Seems like Skervesen has (or had) a hiccup every now and then, while Mayones has been top notch for many years.

I have a Setius 7 and can attest to it being top notch quality.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Mayones > many other guitars > Skervesen

jahosy

Reaction score
Mayones for craftsmanship, definitely. Skervesen for crazy tops / options.

Yianni54

Reaction score
Depends if you want full custom or semi-custom

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
ITT: no one who has actually played either one.

BrOlav

Edgy SoonNotToBeTeen
Reaction score
>2014
>referencing 4chan on other forums
ISHYGDDT

but have you played one yourself, fellow /b/tard?

By god, get rid of that rubbish, will ya? ITT is simply an abbreviation of In This Thread, commonly used in... forums. Now don't tell me the fella is from 4chan based on that?

pylyo

Reaction score
Had both of them...
Like other guys stated above, Mayones for quality and playability.

Skervesen for all the customization they offer.

Kullerbytta

Newborn
Reaction score
I can't tell you which one will be the better option for you... All I know is that I want the craftsmanship from Mayones and the top from Skervesen :lol:
If I had 4000$ I'd go for the Mayo.
If I had 2500$ I think I'd go for a Raptor instead of saving up for the Mayo even though I'd know that I should have.

That's what I would do.

If you're equally interested in both but just don't know which one... Go with your gut?
I probably wouldn't be able to choose between a Blackat and a Ran so I'd just let my gut decide in the end :shrug:

Reaction score
I've owned a Skervesen and now I have a Regius 6. If you have the money, definitely go for the Mayones, however if you prefer insane tops/wood combinations go for Skervesen because Mayones charges pretty high for changes in wood/tops. Skervesen also includes luminlays/BKPs/stainless steel frets in their base price, which is about a $500 upgrade if you were to do it on a Mayones Regius.

The Raptor I had had some inconsistencies such as misplaced side dots, glue marks, uneven pickup routes however none of them affected playability, it was just minor details.

Overall, I'd say the quality of Mayones is better than Skervesen, however both instruments still play extremely well.

kaaka

Reaction score
I have played both and currently own a Skervesen. I would say Mayones definitely is in another league quality wise - Mayones all the way.

pott

Reaction score
My Mayones had build-quality issues. Nothing impeding playability of tone: mis-aligned side-dots, dust under the clear-coat. It was a non-custom Setius. Sounded very pretty though, for sure. But for the cost it was disappointing to see issues you won't see on a Squier.

')