Skervesen Raptor

• Thread starter Psykopath90
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Please give me your overall opinion about this guitar. I'm thinking of buying one for myself and are eager to hear your opinion about this?:hbang:

So what you say? :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GXPO

Reaction score
If memory serves, only 3 have been made and I'd be surprised if they'd reached the hands of the owners yet. One thing I will say is that the guys at Skervesen build these on insane timescales. In terms of wait times I'm guessing the earlier you get to them the better it is going to be. I can't personally discuss quality/playability but they look to built well.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
What I say about Skervesen: what I've seen from them is great, and they are quite the professional and friendly bunch to work with. They are also facing their trial by fire with yours truly.

What I say about Raptors: nothing. Looks like a cool take on BM's, but it's a very recent model that stemmed from them being flooded with emails asking for BM replicas, especially after they did Terror's B2 clone. Since they are not into fully fledged copying, they maintained the core body with minimal tweaks and redesigned the headstock. There is at least one complete 7-string and 2 builds being documented in the Luthiery section here, so you'll know when the owners have them. ;)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Since you're asking for opinions I think it looks like a Blackmachine without the cool headstock. :shrug: :lol: Hey, you asked. Not to call anyone out, but I also find it a bit odd that the dude pops up and suddenly a bunch of Euro folks are joining the forum and posting threads asking about his stuff... I won't say you guys are shilling, but the timing seems like more than just a coincidence... :spock:

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Considering the rep commelina has in Sevenstring.pl, to name but one site, and the clean slate when it comes to builds, it's hardly surprising to see peeps around these parts, especially if they're from Poland, raising their hands when it comes to vouching for Skervesen. :2c:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah like I said, not out and out calling it shilling, just saying the timing DOES seem odd as the guy suddenly popped up here and out of nowhere there's a half dozen threads about his guitars on here. ;) It wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened on here, just saying. :lol:

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
There's a reason they're successful: they answer fast to queries and seem a nice bunch of people, and getting a custom in less than 2 years is appealing.

Yes I have an order with them, I plead guilty, and no it's not a raptor :fawk:

What the fuck is a Skervesen?
Guys from Mayones starting their own company. Should have called it Moutarde, in my opinion.

Amanita

Reaction score
yup, Google won't be of much help on this one.
and i ain't no spoilsport, won't type it on a public board ;)

Lothar

Reaction score
Skervesen sounds similiar to a polish word "skurwysyn". Which means - "son of a whore" and is an commonly used insult/swear here in Poland. Although it's not the most used one.

so... ;) Now You know ;P

Amanita

Reaction score
Jarek, your post with Lothar's above it made me smile a little ;)

you should get a wallet with "Bad Skervesen" stamped on it :D

commelina

Banned
Reaction score
There's a reason they're successful: they answer fast to queries and seem a nice bunch of people, and getting a custom in less than 2 years is appealing.

Yes I have an order with them, I plead guilty, and no it's not a raptor :fawk:

Guys from Mayones starting their own company. Should have called it Moutarde, in my opinion.

:fawk:

Amanita , You know, I know :D

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Considering the rep commelina has in Sevenstring.pl, to name but one site, and the clean slate when it comes to builds, it's hardly surprising to see peeps around these parts, especially if they're from Poland, raising their hands when it comes to vouching for Skervesen. :2c:

Actually it IS suspicious when a new luthier shows up and a slew of new users show up at the same time starting threads and promoting stuff. It really does look like astroturfing, even if it's not.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
As the person who spec'd out what eventually became known as the Raptor, I'm glad these guys found their way here.

My other custom builds (KxK, BRJ, Jackson) are quickly approaching 2 years, so how refreshing that I could actually order something, get daily build pics, and soon have it in my hands before I lost interest in it.

As soon as the correct BKP's arrive and it makes its way to me, I'll be sure to post my opinions. It's hard to find any sort of flaw in any of the build pics and these guys have been ultra transparent about everything going on so far (at least in my eyes).

')