Skervesen Raptor

• Thread starter Psykopath90
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
I did a quick google on skervesen, and besides their website and Facebook, this website pops up, Whilst it does seem like astroturfing, they've just released a model based on an instrument that everyone one wants and no one can get, seems like genuine interest to me.

The only 2 new members I've seen regarding skervesen are OP (Swedish) and Birdman (German), probably missing a few threads but seems to be most posts are members that were already a part of the board :shrug:

E: Sorry for the wording, It's past my bed time :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lothar

Reaction score
I'm not a new user and I played on a few Skervesen builds (6 if I recall corectly) and I must say - all were really superb, even the prototypes where Commelina tried some diffirent things as a test. They sounded "rich" and were very comfy.

I even have one Skervesen right now in my home, where Chris777 recorded a song with it. This clip will be released very soon.

Amanita

Reaction score
I did a quick google on skervesen, and besides their website and Facebook, this website pops up, Whilst it does seem like astroturfing[...]
this just shows what a personalized google search is worth. if i do that i get their site and a number of polish boards where they are active.

BTW, if it ain't obvious from some of my exchanges with commelina... IRL we're friends and like teasing each other. OK... i like teasing him :D
also there is this bass build that just waits for certain gentleman from NJ to get his shite together and finally ship them damn pickups. thus verily trying my patience :)

SiggyCertified

Reaction score
I can assure you that I'm not from Europe, and that I've been following these forums for quite some time.....

I heard about Skervesen... registered... put in an order... and out of respect I made a thread in the Luthiery section for 2 reasons.

1.) They're cool as fucking shit, relatable humans, and you can tell that they're striving to make you happy AND make money, as opposed to just the latter.

2.) They're trying to build a business, just like I am with my band, just like MANY of you are with your respective musical projects. I would only hope someone would do the same for me when the time comes, for some kind of exposure in some case, wherever down the line that may be. Paying it forward never ever hurts.

And after my NGD thread, and maybe a few follow up posts. I highly doubt i'll be posting as much, not that you guys should care or anything, it's just not my style to post frequently, but to put things in prespective... no I was not hired by these guys to help promote they're company, they're just professional, cool, and they deserve the exposure.

Sure their eventual business load might affect the initial experience, but while you're witnessing this now, take advantage, and be apart of it.

No need for suspicion on something that seems too good to be true, lol.

Birdman

Reaction score
Sorry guys for my bad English ;-))

I can only say that I did not know skervesen until a few weeks.

I've also thought about for a custom made guitar by BRJ or Siggery but the wait times were too long time for me.
I got no reply to my question by BJR.
At siggery there seems to be some communication problems when I read it at ssorg.

I do not begging for a custom made guitar and I have therefore ordered a Raptor. This guys answered me promptly and professional to my questions.
When I read that someone at skervesen was working on Mayones.....
That was a good message because Mayones are great guitars and I love mine.

Skervesen also build Blackat Guitars and I was able to experience this guitars at Frankfurt Messe !!!
At Frankfurt Messe I spent most time with Peter Diezel....I personally know well Peter. The guy of blackat guitars often presented his guitars to the test.

Birdman

commelina

Banned
Reaction score

No need for suspicion on something that seems too good to be true, lol.

Well, I thought it was our national thing but apparently the whole world is like that :scratch:

To the sceptics - I'm approaching my fifties and don't really have time for such talk. We'll see how things develop :)

Cheers ;)

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Well, I thought it was our national thing but apparently the whole world is like that :scratch:

To the sceptics - I'm approaching my fifties and don't really have time for such talk. We'll see how things develop :)

Cheers ;)

Actions speak louder than words, right? :)

I think people are just in shock that you are running a good business. You are like the Mythbusters of guitar building :lol:

commelina

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I cannot really disagree with you ;) By the way, the BKPs (including yours) are on their way to us, they should arrive in two weeks time.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Regarding the name: when I first saw it I pronounced it like the Polish way for saying "son-of-a-whore" but wasn't sure if that's what it was meant to be since the spelling is off. :lol:

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
Skervesen also build Blackat Guitars and I was able to experience this guitars at Frankfurt Messe !!!
At Frankfurt Messe I spent most time with Peter Diezel....I personally know well Peter. The guy of blackat guitars often presented his guitars to the test.

I think that it is important now to explain relationship between BlacKat and Skervesen Guitars with this picture:
blackat_skervesen.png

Let's get serious though. I've met Skervesen on sevenstring.pl forum. First BlacKats were built by guys who did some custom ibby copies for me in the past. Unfortunately business relationship with them didn't work out as they didn't get involved in the project at all, but impatiently awaited moar moneyz. Month before messe I was in really tough situation and I've called Jarek for some advice on wood prices etc, as my previous guitar builders kept me in dark with this. The conversation was so nice that I went on a very long trip by train from Warsaw to Gdansk to meet Jarek in person and see his workshop.

What I saw blew my mind. I worked for Warwick in Germany and I'm quite familiar with their very high tech workshop. I've worked for Carvin, Spector, Fernandes, Sandberg distributors and I've been to several tradeshows too many times already, so I don't get excited easily. This time I've got excited. I was also impressed by Jarek's friendly personality (that many of you experience here when ordering builds from him) and his excitement about this work (which I didn't get from previous builders). So I've decided to work with him on BlacKats and got first prototype in... 2 weeks from order. The blue one with piezo. To compare - I had to wait 7 months for first Ninja protos from other builders.

We both benefit from this cooperation - Jarek is responsible for builds and I deal with hardware suppliers (experience from distribution companies definitely helps here). Skervesen and BlacKat are two completely independent animals, but grow up in same home. :)

And regarding flood of Polish people on the forum - some people from sevenstring.pl are just excited and proud of what's going on and somehow feel that they should show some support. Especially after Rotor situation ;)

EDIT: I think it's better to translate word Skurwysyn (origin for Skervesen) with son of a bitch, tough one.

Skervesen Guitars

Reaction score
If memory serves, only 3 have been made and I'd be surprised if they'd reached the hands of the owners yet.

As Jarek mentioned somewhere earlier - even right now there are 17 guitars building simultaneously. Lots of Skervesens reached Polish owners already (including myself. Because of my disability - of being left handed ;) - most of my previous guitars was customs, and most of them Mayones. So I really can compare Skervesen's quality) - also France and USA. New countries will be added really soon. Fact is - sometime our suppliers' leadtimes are the only stopping factor. Since day one: Skervesen is Non Bullshit Guitar Company. If something can be done in hours - we don't say it took weeks because it could be done at midnight only, in place of Earth's chakra - and than bill you thousand $ more.

I've posted some workshop pictures already, so: experienced people in young company. Have a good evening, sirs - NGDs very soon! :)

Maciek, The Lefty Member
(of Skervesen Team ;))

commelina

Banned
Reaction score
I have not read the forum rules :flame:. Commelina account will be closed
It's for the info GXPO that he has a talking point :fawk:
The time has come to be more formal :cool:

Amanita

Reaction score
I have not read the forum rules :flame:. Commelina account will be closed
It's for the info GXPO that he has a talking point :fawk:
The time has come to be more formal :cool:
to the mods - which forum rules?
Skervesen account is operated by Maciek (exclusively). this is an official company account.
commelina account is a private Jarek's account.
2 different separate not the same at all persons.
am i missing something or is someone trying to make some point rather forcefully?

edit. if one has any doubts why the owner of a company let's someone else operate an official company account on a forum where official language is not his first language one could simply ask :p

')