Skervesen Shoggie 7 NGD + clips

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Congrats on everything, nice playing, nice guitars, nice music.

Allow me some comments for improvement.
  • Video-Audio sync is sometimes a little off. Also, the last cut/copy/paste phrases may need a revision. Some are off tempo.
  • Try to get a cleaner background / image composition, exempt of shampoo, clothes or other mundane non music related stuff. Do an angle search before recording...?
  • Sound was louder at the left side, stereo unbalanced, so check it out also.
  • Text scrolls are way too fast to read. Consider smaller font text, no scroll and a few more seconds on screen...?

PariahMusic

Reaction score
Congrats on everything, nice playing, nice guitars, nice music.

Allow me some comments for improvement.
  • Video-Audio sync is sometimes a little off. Also, the last cut/copy/paste phrases may need a revision. Some are off tempo.
  • Try to get a cleaner background / image composition, exempt of shampoo, clothes or other mundane non music related stuff. Do an angle search before recording...?
  • Sound was louder at the left side, stereo unbalanced, so check it out also.
  • Text scrolls are way too fast to read. Consider smaller font text, no scroll and a few more seconds on screen...?
Noted! Thank you.

Admittedly, I was a little faster moving on this one, to get back to playing the Skervesen :lol:...but definitely fair and helpful criticism!

Last edited:

PariahMusic

Reaction score
nice comparison vid...

in what order do you like them best?
Probably Skervesen, white Agile, Schecter, Brown Agile.

The Shoggie has the most immaculate setup ever. I didn't know action could get quite that low with so little buzz and no dead frets.

The Guitarmory Orion in the Septor makes it sound absolutely crushing to my ears. Super chunky guitar.

The Schecter remains my go to for leads..I always liked active pickups for lead playing.

The Legacy has great clarity for chords at high gain with the Pegasus/Sentient set.

They all feel great, but the Skervesen is definitely a cut above.

PariahMusic

Reaction score

The sync is one thing I'm still figuring out. Im sure it's a frame rate/bit rate thing, but the audio and video are constantly de syncing slightly..I try to fix that at every cut, but some slipped through here.

Reaction score
I'm no pro on the subject, but the synchronization between a video source (with audio included) and an external audio source is done at the Audio tracks. Using a video editor like Adobe Premier, what I've done is to zoom to the max on the audio frequency waves of both original Video-Audio and external audio tracks, and then I sync them from there.

It is useful to do some noise taps somewhere before the real content for synchronization purposes, like those Clacket seen in movies and TV shows... one should try to make a fast attack loud noise followed by a bit of silence, 2 or 3 times. These noises will show as visible spikes within both audio tracks (the video and the external). Audio tracks synchronized equals video synchronized with external audio source...

D_Q_NP_875457-MLB28004983137_082018-Q.jpg

These Clacket objects have the objective of audio/video synchronization.

Synchronizing different video sources is another matter. On this subject try to film everything for a specific project with the same frame rate (number of frames per second,).

PariahMusic

Reaction score
I'm no pro on the subject, but the synchronization between a video source (with audio included) and an external audio source is done at the Audio tracks. Using a video editor like Adobe Premier, what I've done is to zoom to the max on the audio frequency waves of both original Video-Audio and external audio tracks, and then I sync them from there.

It is useful to do some noise taps somewhere before the real content for synchronization purposes, like those Clacket seen in movies and TV shows... one should try to make a fast attack loud noise followed by a bit of silence, 2 or 3 times. These noises will show as visible spikes within both audio tracks (the video and the external). Audio tracks synchronized equals video synchronized with external audio source...

D_Q_NP_875457-MLB28004983137_082018-Q.jpg

These Clacket objects have the objective of audio/video synchronization.

Synchronizing different video sources is another matter. On this subject try to film everything for a specific project with the same frame rate (number of frames per second,).
Yeah, I can usually get them synced fine at the start. I have an issue where the gradually drift apart from each other for any clips over 30-40 seconds or so, as though one is moving slightly, slightly faster than the other. I'll figure out the intricacies as I get better with the video editing haha

')