Dresden Files

• Thread starter ESPfanboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
There was a lot of great references in this one.. they make a Firefly reference, people are finally joking about Dresden's penchant for Star Wars quotes, and the "Ia, Ia Cthulu Fgathan!" or whatever it was towards the end was great.

Can't really remember the last time I had so much fun reading a book. Changes was a regular pageturner but it didn't make me smile broadly or laugh out loud on such a regular basis like Cold Days did. Which is kinda surprising considering that really when it comes down to it this is a way darker story than your average Dresden book, and things are only going to get worse from here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
New Jim Butcher....picked it up last night and finished about 2am.

This dude never disappoints; 15 books in and I'm still giddy like a kid on Christmas when a new one comes out. At this point, it's an epic story and I'm looking forward to starting the whole series over again. :hbang:

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
You've got so much cool shit coming your way man...this is one of those series that I wish I could just now find and start new. Enjoy the next 5!

Also, if you dig these and haven't read Simon R. Green's Nightside series or Secret Histories series, you'll love em.

arturocivit

7 String Newbie
Reaction score
You've got so much cool shit coming your way man...this is one of those series that I wish I could just now find and start new. Enjoy the next 5!

Also, if you dig these and haven't read Simon R. Green's Nightside series or Secret Histories series, you'll love em.

I can just imagine all that!! The first book were in Spanish and I can't find the 11th one in that language, so ended buying 11, 12 and 13 in English so I have some nice time coming my way reading those books, there was a tv show some time ago but it was really different, bob wasn't a skull but a regular guy or spirit or something like that, but I find those books really really well written.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Skin Game kicked ass :agreed:

Now the year long wait for the next one :(

Read an interview with him last night and he said he's starting the next one in July....gonna be a long year man.

Thanks for moving this BTW.....don't know why I thought there wouldn't be a thread for these.:nuts:

Dude, these things just amaze me....Odin, Santa Claus, Bigfoot(feet), the Nagaaloshii, Mab, all of it....dude has created a living breathing world I actually care about...I'm so invested in this series I can't ever wait to buy the newest ones and then it's a year before I get to read a new one.

What did you think about him being 'pregnant'? And BUTTERS as a KoTC?!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Read an interview with him last night and he said he's starting the next one in July....gonna be a long year man.

Thanks for moving this BTW.....don't know why I thought there wouldn't be a thread for these.:nuts:

Dude, these things just amaze me....Odin, Santa Claus, Bigfoot(feet), the Nagaaloshii, Mab, all of it....dude has created a living breathing world I actually care about...I'm so invested in this series I can't ever wait to buy the newest ones and then it's a year before I get to read a new one.

What did you think about him being 'pregnant'? And BUTTERS as a KoTC?!

Yeah I actually looked up the old thread and posted... the saw yours and merged them :lol:

I loved it. I literally lol'ed when I read that sequence. That said while it was funny it definitely felt like there was probably something longer there that was cut out. Having Harry's subconscious show up to flat out tell him plot points like that seems something like, "I have a great idea I want to add but don't have the space to put it in... so I'll just chuck this couple pages in there...".

I like the idea of Butters as a KotC, as it was really not something you expected. I also loved the new sword... and was waiting for him to cop the Kevin Smith line, "George Lucas is going to sue somebody!"

That said I do miss Bob and am hoping he doesn't try to play Harry's child as "the new Bob" for Harry. Also curious what he does about finding Harry a place to live as Demonreach really isn't a good place for anybody but Harry by himself :lol:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Just finished it last night... very cool. Nice to see how everything ended up for a change. But that year wait for the next one doe

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I actually looked up the old thread and posted... the saw yours and merged them :lol:

I loved it. I literally lol'ed when I read that sequence. That said while it was funny it definitely felt like there was probably something longer there that was cut out. Having Harry's subconscious show up to flat out tell him plot points like that seems something like, "I have a great idea I want to add but don't have the space to put it in... so I'll just chuck this couple pages in there...".

Remember, though, that Harry talked to his subconscious before when dealing with Lasciel. It was a part of the foreshadowing, and a hint I missed completely, much to my own chagrin later on. I think we're going to find out that the Harry/Lasciel "child intellect" was suppressing some things Harry should have remembered, with lasting ramifications, just like Lash was messing with his mind when she was in there.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There was a lot of great references in this one.. they make a Firefly reference, people are finally joking about Dresden's penchant for Star Wars quotes, and the "Ia, Ia Cthulu Fgathan!" or whatever it was towards the end was great.

The "cops got better things ta do than get killed" nearly took me out. I expected the Terminator one, but not that. :lol: