Sky Sanctuary :: Videogame-inspired/8-Bit Prog Metal [New Clip]

• Thread starter jCo76
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jCo76

Reaction score
Cheers man. I use Pod Farm for my tones with impulses usually, for this clip I believe it's the Big Bottom amp and one of the stock cabs.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
Love it, always.

However I find the tone a bit too muddy, it lacks clarity in my opinion!

Your nintendo sounds are always appreciated :D

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Love it, always.

However I find the tone a bit too muddy, it lacks clarity in my opinion!

Your nintendo sounds are always appreciated :D

Hey dude, love your stuff as always. I have to agree with Larcher here though, could use some clarity and I always felt I couldn't hear the guitar as much as I wanted to with your stuff. I still enjoy it a lot though.

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
You never fail to impress, but I'll agree I think there is maybe a little too much bass in the guitar tone.

Raayl

Reaction score
awesome, really awesome, but what's up with the mix? it's sounding kind of weak, i feel like the guitars should be way beefier and the overall volume should be increased significantly. i also agree with the clarity issues as previously mentioned.

I feel like you're mixing to make sure the synths and trademark leads are clear and dominant, am i right about that?

the songwriting and synths though, my god man, you are so fucking on point.

jCo76

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments; I love posting up my stuff here because I always get constructive feedback in return. To clear a few things up, this is actually an unreleased clip/mix that I did some four or five months ago. I've been away abroad for the last few months and found this lying around on the laptop, so I figured I would post it up as is. I'll be back in the UK within the next couple of weeks and be back into the full swing of things again, for those wondering why I haven't been regularly posting new material as of late.

I feel like you're mixing to make sure the synths and trademark leads are clear and dominant, am i right about that?

Yes and no. Like I said, this clip is kind of rough and only lightly mixed, but generally I do tend to make the synths more prominent in my mixes. With my newer material you should expect to hear more balance between the guitars and the synths!

Stay tuned for new material and videos coming very soon. Cheers :)

Latest posts

')