Slap songs to learn?

• Thread starter thedarkoceans
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys,i need some suggestions,what slap songs do you suggest me to learn?
i mean from every genre.from the Arusha Accord to a funky song.

thanks,
TDO.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

piggins411

Reaction score

Dirk Lance was awesome.

Hell yeah! Good to see some Incubus love! The Red Hot Chili Peppers cover of Higher Ground is always a good one. Hmm every song I think of with slapping is either a band already mentioned or RHCP :lol:. So uh, yeah... RHCP

Ethn Hayabusa

Reaction score
If you are new to slapping, stuff like "School Days" by Stanley Clarke, "Let's Work" by Prince, or the Chili Peppers cover of "Higher Ground" are all good choices to get the hang of the technique.

If you are looking for more adventurous songs, then obviously anything by Victor Wooten, Adam Nitti, Level 42, Stuart Hamm, or Bill "The Buddha" Dickens will keep you busy.

broj15

Reaction score
seinfeld these song... jk lol. As others have said evan brewer or primus.

Mc_rae

Reaction score
Marcus Miller's Cover of Frankenstein is really fun and relatively simple. Power is a harder one by him but is insanely fun once you get it down.

Buddha92

Hole in the Earth
Reaction score
anything by primus, billy sheehan/steve vai/ david lee roth solo cd, korn, victor wooten, protest the hero, level 42,a few RHCP songs, stu ham, a few of those crazy ass jazz/funk bassists whose names im drawing a blank on...

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Gotta give it up for Les Claypool. The man is a monster. Listen to Welcome to this World. He takes slappin' and poppin' and makes them his biznatches.
I saw Primus on tour with 24-7 Spyz and they played Master of Puppets and Les made What's -his-face look like a banjo player. So Heavy...

')