Slayer Guitarist Jeff Hanneman Passes Away

• Thread starter Symb0lic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
Incredible,really.One of those things you think will never happen and you are never ready to face.
RIP Jeff

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Dead Skin Mask was the first and only real song to ever creep me out. Slayer songs were the first I really wanted to learn to play. I was really sad to hear about this. Having a Heineken in his honor now.

watson503

Los Cochinos
Reaction score
Still hard to believe Jeff is gone, he will definitely never be forgotten. I remember the first time I saw Slayer it was on the South of Heaven tour - I had heard for years how crazy their shows were and this one had Motorhead and Overkill opening for them... what an awesome night that was. Jeff will live on in our hearts and the music. This is one of my favorite videos/concerts of theirs, what a great fucking band...

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
Crap. This sucks.

Just 2 nights ago I had the very first jamming session with a good friend of mine and we had pretty much no musical background in common, until I started playing Raining Blood. We jammed to Slayer for about half an hour.

I had the luck of seeing them live before the spider-from-hell-attack and Jeff was just the coolest guy in that stage. Just got up there and played the shit out of his guitar, no more no less.

I can say that more often that not when trying to come up with a sick riff or solo I've asked myself "What would Hanneman do?"

RIP Jeff Hanneman

Veritech Zero

Jeffy Turbo
Reaction score
Never much listened to a whole lot of Slayer, but Jeff was a great guy and the world is much worse off without him.

That being said, Kerry kind of ruined Slayer for me :/

TristanTTN

Reaction score
RIP Jeff Hanneman.
I listened to Reign in Blood so many times when I first started playing guitar. Slayer has been one of my greatest inspirations.
Decided to relearn Raining Blood when I got home from school today...

akinari

Reaction score
RIP Jeff :( You wrote all my favorite Slayer tunes!

Wesbanez

Reaction score
This sucks... very sad :(

Was just about getting over Chi Cheng, now this...

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
It's weird: while I haven't actively listened to Slayer now in a longer time already, the influence of their older records always was and still is an omnipresence in my life. And if you have actually once in a time looked in the booklets - you will have noticed that every "hit" was brought to you by Jeff. If there is something like an "official most-badass riff-boss in the universe" title, this man would have been the undefeated heavyweight champion.

This is one of the strange moments, when you realize that a person you never met, you didn't know personally, actually had a huge impact on your life. While Iron Maiden and Metallica made me pick up a guitar for the first time, it was this man who taught me (besides MILLIONS of others) how to play fast, who taught me how to RIFF.

Thanks Jeff, we all owe you something!

R.I.P.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Just got in to work and read this.... sh1t..... 49 is too young

Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if someone already said, but I assume this is linked/complication to the spider bite from 2011?

This really fucking sucks
RIP

jeff-hanneman-dead-corbis-640-80.jpg

Latest posts

')