Slice the Cake appreciation

• Thread starter BIG ND SWEATY
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Do not like.

And if you can't take the time to think of a band name that's not "lolllololol so funny" then fuck you anyway.

Satire clearly eludes your grasp. Begone, foul troll.

I actually agree, though. They should've been named something like:

Bless The Martyr
Silence The Messenger
Poison The Well
Salt The Wound
Beneath The Massacre
Escape The Fate
Haste The Day
Pierce The Veil
After The Burial
Betraying The Martyrs
Embrace The End
HORSE The Band
Scale The Summit
Underneath The Gun
Tyler, The Creator
Within The Ruins

Need I go on? I was in a band with esteemed long-time poster Rick that was called, quite literally, Verb The Noun. I don't think satire is any less valid than genre-specific, cockamamie names, and I applaud Slice The Cake for poking fun of themselves and the genre.

Music is art, music is fun, and you are neither of those.

You must be banished from the realm, never to return.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
And if you can't take the time to think of a band name that's not "lolllololol so funny"
I am with you, minus the part I didn't quote. At the end of the day, every joke and all irony is wearing out. And then what's left? An ironic band name no one is laughing about anymore and a band that is fighting to be taken serious.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Why do you guys care so much about the band name? Are we still in highschool? The music is good and that's what matters.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Why do you guys care so much about the band name? Are we still in highschool? The music is good and that's what matters.

Nah, Nayon, everyone knows that the name is more important than the music.

:noplease:

Caring about having cool, really 'metal' names is something only tweeners and scenesters should care about. Those of us who listen to music for the content should only be worried about one thing. I can't believe I even have to say that. Remember a silly-named band that more or less created a genre? Who were they? Job For A Cowhand, or something? :lol:

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
Satire clearly eludes your grasp. Begone, foul troll.

I actually agree, though. They should've been named something like:

Bless The Martyr
Silence The Messenger
Poison The Well
Salt The Wound
Beneath The Massacre
Escape The Fate
Haste The Day
Pierce The Veil
After The Burial
Betraying The Martyrs
Embrace The End
HORSE The Band
Scale The Summit
Underneath The Gun
Tyler, The Creator
Within The Ruins

Need I go on? I was in a band with esteemed long-time poster Rick that was called, quite literally, Verb The Noun. I don't think satire is any less valid than genre-specific, cockamamie names, and I applaud Slice The Cake for poking fun of themselves and the genre.

Music is art, music is fun, and you are neither of those.

You must be banished from the realm, never to return.

I'm down with satire, but that's not particularly good satire - and as soon as it wears off (immediately) you're left with a band that has a stupid name, still trying to be taken serious. You want some good satire? Listen to Zappa.

Consequentially, I care about song names, album names, and lyrical content. Most of it is middle-school poetry that should never have seen the light of day. Most band names are bad. Most album names are bad. That's how greatness works. Most things have to be bad for there to be things that are truly amazing.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I'm down with satire, but that's not particularly good satire - and as soon as it wears off (immediately) you're left with a band that has a stupid name, still trying to be taken serious. You want some good satire? Listen to Zappa.

Consequentially, I care about song names, album names, and lyrical content. Most of it is middle-school poetry that should never have seen the light of day. Most band names are bad. Most album names are bad. That's how greatness works. Most things have to be bad for there to be things that are truly amazing.

I suppose we just have a difference of opinion, then. A song can be called "Buttsex" and if it's good, I'll like it. Lyrical content is in my eyes independent of song names and such, but very important.

I don't think I agree with your idea of greatness, either. Most things are bad, yes, but something can only be great when it surpasses mediocre and good. I wouldn't say Slice The Cake is a brilliant name, but I do enjoy what they did by choosing that name.

')