Slight String Trouble

• Thread starter SWBSDJ
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SWBSDJ

Reaction score
Hey guys iv run into a bit of a problem with the strings on my agile 727 pro
im currently running the first seven strings of an 8 string set which would be 13-74. However i have an issue with the 74 string it has a step in it where the second layer of winding stops, this step happens to fall half way in the first fret because of the 27" scale length and can become a little bit painful when playing alot on that fret.

Iv tried a bass string which is a 75 which is wound all the way and would be perfect but the ball end dosnt fit in the string through hole.

So what i would like to know is does anyone know of a string set or single string that is 72, 74 or 75 wound completly, will fit the scale length, with out a step on the playing length and fit in the string through hole, or a way round this problem iv thought about swapping the ball ends out but im not sure if it will work.

just incase your wondering im using strings that thick to keep the tension high while playing in drop G on a seven string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts

')