Slipknot 2010 Gear

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
I was surprised seeing Alex posting something about Slipknot.
Most the time people diss them, saying they suck, they are shitty guitarists...
Truth is, its a STYLE, their own sloppy sound...I mean everything doesn't need to be the most technical thing in the world.

Sweet vids.:metal:
I love knowing whats in peoples rigs....of course I love gear!:D
I played a Rockerverb 30 at a small guitar shop and it sounded really good....good harmonics.

Exactly. I totally agree. I think their sometimes sloppy and raw production like on self titled and iowa really makes their music what it is. Gives it tons of emotion and aggression in my opinion.

I hate hearing music that sounds like it was programmed out on a computer it's so tight. It's just annoying. What's the point of even micing up amps and cabs and playing the guitar if you're just going to chop everything to pieces and click a button to align it to a grid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xMitch92x

Reaction score
Don't really listen to Slipknot anymore, but I always love watching their rig videos. They seem like genuine dudes aswell.

kslight

Reaction score
Exactly. I totally agree. I think their sometimes sloppy and raw production like on self titled and iowa really makes their music what it is. Gives it tons of emotion and aggression in my opinion.

I hate hearing music that sounds like it was programmed out on a computer it's so tight. It's just annoying. What's the point of even micing up amps and cabs and playing the guitar if you're just going to chop everything to pieces and click a button to align it to a grid.

I have always hated the production values on the Slipknot albums. Either poor quality or excessively edited...sometimes both. I'm not bashing on them because I can see why people like them, but if it were up to me I would do things totally upside down from how they do it. I grew up in Iowa and have known those guys since before Slipknot was Slipknot, seriously.. The original lineup practiced in my aunt's basement because Clown was best friends with my cousin. Shawn Crahan = the most down to earth humble musician/artist ever...don't know how genuine everyone else is...

lucifer666

Reaction score
Oh man I want a Rockerverb so bad... oh wait, I have one! hahaha

They are fucking sweet, the tone is unbelievable. It's definitely different to my JSX, which I sold. It's more organic and definitely more suited to my playing. Jim makes it sound insane in that video though, I haven't cranked it yet. If i get that when I do, I will ejaculate... shame I can't see the settings.
klick this link
and go to 6:56 and stop it there you see the settings on jims rockerverb 100 :hbang:

Reaction score
Say what you will about their music, but their sound is fucking brutal. And not proggy polished gated djent br00t4L, just pure hairy balls raw aggression up the ass. :hbang:

And they're cool guys. I really wanna try that carbon fiber Jazz III. I use the tortex and ultex Jazz III. The ultex doesn't slide around as much thanks to the raised logo, but the max grip looks even better.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not admittedly not huge Slipknot fan (though I like a songs here and there), but I gotta say, I think the two guitar players a a great dynamic for a band. Mick is a tight crunchy riff-machine, and Jim is a loose 'n' smooth lead player... it's cool to see their rigs (and personalities, :lol: Mick always seems a little serious and intense and Jim like he just got out of a bar/massage parlor crawl) reflect that as well. :yesway:

TheDisease999

Drop G for ME
Reaction score
As a huge huge maggot and a monster WC fan, I must say I love that you are a knot fan. Jim and Mick's Signature amps are soooo sick. Wondering your thoughts on the kr7 and Jim's Tiny Terror (I really want his 2x12 to make a 3/4 stack for my rig) but I noticed he uses the specially designed orange speakers, not v30's. Still worth it? And just curious alex, IOWA being my favorite album because of the raw/grittiness, What are some of your favorite Knot songs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
')