Slipknot - All hope is gone Album!

• Thread starter KaLeVaLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I think this is the best, most consistent album they've put out so far. Not one song I don't like on it. The first song is fucking awesome!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I've given the album a few run-throughs and overall I'm pretty impressed. Personally, I did not care for Vol. 3 at all. This album is pretty solid and the production quality on this album is fucking tits. Sounds great! A good step up from their last album IMO.

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
still listening to the album after doing that everyday since it got out, and it still hasnt got boring. Verry nice indeed :)
But i have seen acouple of bad reviews...dont think i have seen a rating better than 4 out of 6 yet!
Pretty weird if you ask me!

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I was disappointed with it. I felt like the guitar playing and the riffs etc were less creative and different than Vol.3. IMO all the songs on All Hope Is Gone sounded the same (a couple of exceptions, but you know what i mean...)

Reaction score
So..what do you guys think?
I hope this doesnt set me in a bad light...i feel like manye people are against Slipknot for some reason.

some reason?:scratch:

britny spears with distortion:fawk: lol

Yeah, you obviously mean that they all sound like a punch in the face. And a warcry.
no punch in face would be Marduk, as for warcry...that would sound like Amon Amarth or Immortal:hungus:

"One by one! By the Northern tribes you fall!
One by one! You die by the strongest of them all!
Still there's only greatness, sung to those who fell
who battled strong to win these wars, One by one...
we take your lives....Ugh!!!!" - 1 by 1 - Immortal

jaxadam

Reaction score
I got this album the other day, and I like it. It's not bad, but it has that "recorded and looped" feeling to me, versus a more "raw", band playing together type of feel like some of their earlier albums.

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
a more "raw", band playing together type of feel like some of their earlier albums.

this is what i feel about a couple of their songs on their first album. sic and surfacing got that raw real adrenaline thing going, ever since they have been too by-the-book-boring to reach that again, i just hear attempts over and over. to me this album was not much different in that aspect, and its the only aspect slipknot might interrest me in :(

to find positive things - it was better than iowa :)

')