Slipknot - All hope is gone Album!

• Thread starter KaLeVaLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
So..what do you guys think?
I hope this doesnt set me in a bad light...i feel like manye people are against Slipknot for some reason.

Anyways...All hope is gone is absolutely a huge step up from Subliminal Verses imo!
Im acctually hooked on several of the songs, and the production is way cooler as well!

So..what do you guys think? Anyone heard it at all?..hehe

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I'm against Slipknot because they killed my daughter and got me fired from my last 2 jobs, while writing hateful letters to my ex-wife's brother.

As for the album, I think Subliminal Verses is bettah.

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
I'm against Slipknot because they killed my daughter and got me fired from my last 2 jobs, while writing hateful letters to my ex-wife's brother.

As for the album, I think Subliminal Verses is bettah.

hehe, O`RLY? :lol:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I actually think Subliminal Verses is the best album they've put out so far.

And I'll never forgive Slipknot for helping dictators in 5 seperate third-world countries get to power.

Aaron

Reaction score
I love it, the more i listen to it the more addicted to the album i become. IMO i dont think they could of done any better this time but thats just me.

Ivan

fsck!
Reaction score
I like it. :shrug:

I mean, it sounds a lot different than previous albums but that's not a bad thing, I guess. Lots of experimenting and varied pace of the songs throughout the album...

There's a review on Sputnik Music that's not really in favor of this album, but raises a few valid points.

Slipknot - All Hope is Gone Review - sputnikmusic

Nick

Reaction score
i origionally thought it was going to be shite after hearing psychosocial. but the first and second tracks are great. there are a few tracks i skip but those 2 and the title track are immense

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
i guess i wasnt the only one enjoying this album on this forum then :)

So what songs are the favourites?
Personally ..one of the best ones is Wherein the lies...that one is so badass!

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
I love Gematria, Sulfer (especially the chorus), butcher's hook, this cold black, wherein lies continue (so goddamn heavy :hbang:),Dead Memories, the title song of course and last but not least, snuff!!
It's raining outside and i've been listening to it all day, it kinda fits right now :lol:
Hell, I love the whole record :bowdown:
I'll see them with COB and Machine Head at november the 17th

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I really like the new cd. :shrug: I enjoy that they're making a bit of a turn towards the heavy riffage + solos and then adding some melodic vocals on top. Works for me. :agreed:

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
i prefer the production and tones on this album, but musically i much prefer subliminal verses

noob_pwn

Reaction score
I concur,
huge fan of the production, the single coil-age in the solos and that raw, dry guitar tone.
musically its pretty cool as well, i don't think its worse that subliminal verses just different.
I personally think they were at their peak with IOWA and will always hold this album in high regard because its so damn aggressive and pissed off, really was what got me into metal when i was younger.
But henceforth, its a step in a favourable direction and it surpassed my expectations, it recieves the headbang of approval :hbang:

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Gematria, Wherein lies continue, All hope is gone and Butchers hook are all amazing songs. The only songs I don't really like are Dead memories (weak ass, sounds like Stone Sour) and Corey spoils the chorus to Gehenna with his frankly daft vocal line, but Gehenna's verse riff and solo are downright awesome.

Best track on the album undoubtably goes to Psychosocial, it's got that awesome stomping drum beat, and the breakdown section in the middle is just fucking gargantuan, they havn't sounded that pissed off since "Iowa"!

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Forgot to add into my post, "This cold black" is also gargantuan. Perhaps the albums most "Iowa" moment, the riffs and the drumming are pure old skool Slipknot, it's clear that Mick Thomson's metal influence definitely overpowered Jim Root's mellower Stone Sour influence, and with an amazing result :hbang:

')