Slipknot's Mick Thomson Reportedly Suffers Stab Wound To Back Of Head

• Thread starter Daf57
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumsar

Reaction score
It would be a crass and moronic thing to say any length of time after the event. Have a bit of decency and respect.

Tens of thousands americans are shot / stabbed / whatever each year - I don't really care about them, as that is pretty much status quo - why should I care more for this guy?

"When officers arrived, the two men appeared to be intoxicated and sustained serious, non-life-threatening injuries, [...]"

For all we know he could have tried to stab his brother first??

Sorry for being a sadistic prick, but that (original comment) was what first came to mind when I read the story.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Tens of thousands americans are shot / stabbed / whatever each year - I don't really care about them

I blame your parents for not raising you with an ounce of integrity or humanity.
You should probably care, mate.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Tens of thousands americans are shot / stabbed / whatever each year - I don't really care about them, as that is pretty much status quo - why should I care more for this guy?

Careful, you might cut someone with that edginess. :rofl:

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score

"When officers arrived, the two men appeared to be intoxicated and sustained serious, non-life-threatening injuries, [...]"

For all we know he could have tried to stab his brother first??

Sorry for being a sadistic prick, but that (original comment) was what first came to mind when I read the story.

The point is that you're rejoicing in the suffering of others (2 men with serious injuries from an event that will no doubt leave them scarred, and will change the course of their lives forever) so you can have a different band play your local metal festival.

Take a minute to think about what that says about you as a person.

Anyway, I wish Mick and his brother all the best, it's a terrible situation for them to be in.

Sumsar

Reaction score
The point is that you're rejoicing in the suffering of others (2 men with serious injuries from an event that will no doubt leave them scarred, and will change the course of their lives forever) so you can have a different band play your local metal festival.

Take a minute to think about what that says about you as a person.

Anyway, I wish Mick and his brother all the best, it's a terrible situation for them to be in.

I don't 'rejoicing in the suffering of others'. I merely tried to have a positive perspective on a otherwise sad story. It is horrible that two brothers got into a fight while drunk - but like I said: There is a 50% chance that he stabbed the brother first, and at any point he didn't stop the argument from coming to a knife fight, so I guess you reap as you sow.

But yeah, best wishes to them, hope for a quick recovery and that you will be able to be friends as brothers again, and don't play my local f&cking festival with your shitty band!

Sumsar

Reaction score
I blame your parents for not raising you with an ounce of integrity or humanity.
You should probably care, mate.

I blame your society for allowing tens of thousands of people to be shot / stabbed / whatever each year.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I blame your society for allowing tens of thousands of people to be shot / stabbed / whatever each year.

And your attitude implies that you are doing nothing to change that. Blame away - or be the difference.

But yeah, best wishes to them, hope for a quick recovery and that you will be able to be friends as brothers again, and don't play my local f&cking festival with your shitty band!

Moments like this I miss the Neg Rep...

Sumsar

Reaction score
And your attitude implies that you are doing nothing to change that. Blame away - or be the difference.

Did it appear to you that I am not from USA mate? I don't need to change that as were I live we simply don't murder as many people per capita as you do and it is a great mystery to me why you are allowed to have guns in the amounts you have when you are clearly using them in other than the intended way (which was what again? :scratch:).

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
Did it appear to you that I am not from USA mate? I don't need to change that as were I live we simply don't murder as many people per capita as you do and it is a great mystery to me why you are allowed to have guns in the amounts you have when you are clearly using them in other than the intended way (which was what again? :scratch:).

Please do not even open that can of worms. Take your anti-gun mantra somewhere else because that shit isn't gonna fly.

Sumsar

Reaction score
Please do not even open that can of worms. Take your anti-gun mantra somewhere else because that shit isn't gonna fly.

Okay, okay I put the can back on the shelf for some other endless 'getting nowhere' discussion. Happy?

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score

Guns? He was stabbed. I am pretty sure those are common fare everywhere on the planet.

Also, you are deflecting. You have zero empathy for others and make jokes about their suffering. And I stand by the assertion that your parents did a piss poor job of raising you properly. Of course, I could be wrong and they would be just as ashamed of your comments as we are.

Back under your bridge, troll.

btbg

Reaction score

You sure type a lot of bullshit for someone who doesn't care.

Sumsar

Reaction score
Guns? He was stabbed. I am pretty sure those are common fare everywhere on the planet.

Also, you are deflecting. You have zero empathy for others and make jokes about their suffering. And I stand by the assertion that your parents did a piss poor job of raising you properly. Of course, I could be wrong and they would be just as ashamed of your comments as we are.

Yes I know that he was stabbed, but you commented on the part about americans in general hurting each other alot, and something about my parents? So I replied back about your society in general, and for people outside USA it does seem you guys have a problem with guns, so a great place to start to reduce the amount of violence would be to ban those, or restrict those in some way.

Therefore the guns part.

Anyway, okay no maybe i don't feel alot of empathy for people getting drunk and doing stupid things.
Talking about the 'And your attitude implies that you are doing nothing to change that. Blame away - or be the difference.'
Are you trying to make a difference, seeing as you apparently agree that there is a problem? Do you lie awake every night thinking of the many people around the world that suffer and think: 'When I wake up tomorrow I will do something to help all those people'. Can you even sleep at night knowing that while you lie there in your bed, elsewhere girls are being raped and people are bleeding to death and taking their last breaths of air - all while you lie in you bed and do nothing?

My best guess I care just as much as you do, which is maybe not as much as we should - is it our parents fault? Or is it just pretty natural to not care about things you can't really do much about anyway?

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
The incident was caused by alcohol. Denmark has one of the highest alcohol related mortality rates. So if'n you feel like mocking something, at least understand that your neck of the woods actually does it worse.

I'm not surprised though. Booze makes people do dumb shit, and it's far from surprising that he'd be blitzed. I hope he makes a quick recovery all the same.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Yes I know that he was stabbed, but you commented on the part about americans in general hurting each other alot, and something about my parents? So I replied back about your society in general, and for people outside USA it does seem you guys have a problem with guns, so a great place to start to reduce the amount of violence would be to ban those, or restrict those in some way.

Therefore the guns part.

You've obviously been convinced unwittingly that you are smarter than you are. Here is a collection of all my comments. Show me where I said anything about Americans, guns, or acceptance of any types of violence anywhere.

• I blame your parents for not raising you with an ounce of integrity or humanity.
  • You should probably care, mate.
  • And your attitude implies that you are doing nothing to change that. Blame away - or be the difference.
  • Moments like this I miss the Neg Rep...
  • Guns? He was stabbed. I am pretty sure those are common fare everywhere on the planet.
  • Also, you are deflecting. You have zero empathy for others and make jokes about their suffering. And I stand by the assertion that your parents did a piss poor job of raising you properly. Of course, I could be wrong and they would be just as ashamed of your comments as we are.

Fail #1.

Anyway, okay no maybe i don't feel alot of empathy for people getting drunk and doing stupid things.
Talking about the 'And your attitude implies that you are doing nothing to change that. Blame away - or be the difference.'
Are you trying to make a difference, seeing as you apparently agree that there is a problem? Do you lie awake every night thinking of the many people around the world that suffer and think: 'When I wake up tomorrow I will do something to help all those people'. Can you even sleep at night knowing that while you lie there in your bed, elsewhere girls are being raped and people are bleeding to death and taking their last breaths of air - all while you lie in you bed and do nothing?

My best guess I care just as much as you do, which is maybe not as much as we should - is it our parents fault? Or is it just pretty natural to not care about things you can't really do much about anyway?

Let's begin with Fail #2 - You trying to compare yourself to me. I work every day with teenagers that are displaced by violence. Most of them are runaways that fled physical and mental abuse and are trying to deal with the issues that come with it. Furthermore, I work with my church building homes for the poor and volunteer when I can to help in other capacities. There is a difference between a cynic like you that doesn't care about others and people like me that actually try to make a difference.

There is a lot of world out there, kid. Maybe you should log off and see some of it.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Just trying to explain why I don't fell empathy for Mick Thomson - and why I think it is very weird that people get angry with me because I don't.

Not caring is fine. You don't know him and clearly dislike his music. Doesn't change the fact that making jokes in poor taste says a lot about you as a person.

I do think what happened sort of comes with the territory of heavy drinking. Doesn't mean people can't send well wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')