Slipknot's Mick Thomson Reportedly Suffers Stab Wound To Back Of Head

• Thread starter Daf57
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I might not appear sensitive enough, and maybe I've never been in my life.
But if Andrew is as big as Mick, the fight would have been ECW level.

I wish them both a quick recovery and to settle every argument they have sitting on a sofa without beers around.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
But if Andrew is as big as Mick, the fight would have been ECW level.

I wish them both a quick recovery and to settle every argument they have sitting on a sofa without beers around.

10504898_820741247949754_4705968665185241224_o.jpg

One would think Mick would lay his brother out cold.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Oh come on, like that's an unfathomable thought. :lol: Friends and family who are shit faced drunk will always have squabbles, and alcohol just demolishes any inhibitions. I've seen people get into physical altercations over the stupidest of shit thanks to good ol' booze.
I've gotten into fist fights with relatives but I don't think I'd ever want to stab one of them and I hope they feel the same. But at the same time maybe that's a normal occurrence in that family and--to them--not that big a deal.

Has anyone ever seen the movie: The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia?

Humbuck

Can't stop, won't stop
Reaction score
So much wacky clueless nonsense in this thread it's not even funny.

Edika

Reaction score
I'm kind of curious what actually happened as DXL said the media exaggerated the incident (now that's a first!).

Aside from that it seems they're not hurt a lot and Mick is ok so that's good. It's bad when siblings fight and even worse when they end up physically and emotionally hurt one another.

I'll like however to make a couple non serious comments about the photo of the two brothers. It seems that it is from some short of formal occasion (wedding probably?) and Mick still looks all pissed off and metal :squint::rolleyes: while his brother thought it was a good idea to go all girl scout with his hair.

SeditiousDissent

i drove bus
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Slipknot, but I can't argue against the massive impact they've had on the metal community. I wish Mick and his brother a full recovery.

Was I the only one who thought, "Who the fvck stabs someone in the head? Oh...wait...that's right."

tumblr_ndhrycxQFc1u1ocmjo1_500.gif

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
at least he didn't push his fingers into his eyes.

all jokes aside, i really expected to read that he was killed. what a ....ing badass.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
But if Andrew is as big as Mick, the fight would have been ECW level...

as youve seen now with the pics, he's small, but knives kinda even the odds...

slipknife outta take the words the media used in their reports and make those the lyrics to a new song :lol:

Last edited:

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
as youve seen now with the pics, he's small, but knives kinda even the odds...

slipknife outta to take the words the media used in their reports and make those the lyrics to a new song :lol:

I'm almost 180 cm, bulky and weight around 90 kg and still I would look like a silly harmless smurf close to Mick.
I've always said that of all the people in the metal scene Mick would have been the last guy I would have picked a fight against, not even with a katana. :nono:

downburst82

Reaction score
I'm almost 180 cm, bulky and weight around 90 kg and still I would look like a silly harmless smurf close to Mick.
I've always said that of all the people in the metal scene Mick would have been the last guy I would have picked a fight against, not even with a katana. :nono:

I was always used to meeting my musical hero's and towering above most of them it always felt so strange as you think of them as almost larger than life in a way, I'm only 6'3" so not a giant but bigger than 95% of famous musicians I've met.

Anyways I got to briefly meet slipknot years ago (2001-2002ish?) and both Mick and Jim and are huge guys! (both over 6'6"? ) I was intimidated in every possible way...it felt right :lol:

So... NOT a guy to mess with.

I'm happy to hear he is going to be ok. Brothers do stupid stuff and fight but stabbing your bro with a knife in the head in a definite :noplease:

Muramasa

Sloppy Shogun
Reaction score
As much as I dislike their newer stuff, Mick is the guy who inspired me to pick up any instrument.
This happened on my birthday too.
Jeez... I hope the dude's okay.

7JxN7

Reaction score
Considering how big Mick is, I still think he's brother would have to be around 6 ft or more looking at that photo, but perspective may make it difficult to tell.

I wish him the best with his recovery (however big or small the injury is, still not sure). And say whatever you want about Slipknot, but Mick is a very formidable guitar player in his own right, with a metal rhythm playing style that makes me envious every time I see him play!

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I was always used to meeting my musical hero's and towering above most of them it always felt so strange as you think of them as almost larger than life in a way, I'm only 6'3" so not a giant but bigger than 95% of famous musicians I've met.

Anyways I got to briefly meet slipknot years ago (2001-2002ish?) and both Mick and Jim and are huge guys! (both over 6'6"? ) I was intimidated in every possible way...it felt right :lol:

So... NOT a guy to mess with.

I'm happy to hear he is going to be ok. Brothers do stupid stuff and fight but stabbing your bro with a knife in the head in a definite :noplease:

I hope you never met Alexi Laiho who is even smaller than my girlfriend. :lol:

Nats

Reaction score

One would think Mick would lay his brother out cold.[/QUOTE]

It's like the scene in Johnny Dangerously where Johnny can easily take out his brother, but then right as he's about to lay him out all he sees is his brother as a little boy. Johnny just takes a dive instead. That's what Mick did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')